PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Cheap Power Mac G4 or B&W G3

ITASOR
Jul 27, 2006, 06:03 PM
Looking to get away as cheap as possible and get a Power Mac G4 or B&W G3. Specs aren't important, as long as it works. :)

Can be missing minor components...like a HD or optical drive...that's not a problem!

Can pay via PayPal eCheck.

Thanks,
itasor

ReanimationLP
Jul 27, 2006, 10:47 PM
I'd so be able to hook you up, but I only do MOs.

I have lots of Blue G3s and a PCI G4, all varying specs.

ITASOR
Jul 28, 2006, 09:07 AM
I'll do a Money Order for something from someone I've seen do deals/have done deals with before on here. If they're new though, I prefer PayPal, just for the little bit of security.

ReanimationLP...PM me, I'll do a MO.

ReanimationLP
Jul 28, 2006, 11:51 AM
I'll shoot ya a PM when I get home with all of my machines specs.

Right now, I have to hurry, jump in the shower and fly to work. x.x'

I hate my job. :mad:

ITASOR
Jul 28, 2006, 12:07 PM
I'll shoot ya a PM when I get home with all of my machines specs.

Right now, I have to hurry, jump in the shower and fly to work. x.x'

I hate my job. :mad:

Ok no problem! Thanks.

ITASOR
Jul 28, 2006, 10:19 PM
I just thought that I would add that I'm not looking to spend more than $100 on anything. Keep in mind that I can go buy a B&W on eBay with 128MB RAM and a 10GB HD for a little less than $80 shipped. :o Let me know what you have!

steamboat26
Jul 28, 2006, 10:31 PM
I know its your prerogative to buy anything you want, but i am curious as to why you want a G3 B&W or early G4, both of which use PCI graphics when for a little more money you can get a G4 with AGP graphics, which has a lot more upgrading options (more processor upgrade options, can hold more RAM, can hold multiple HDs without a HD controller upgrade)?
Don't mean to pry, i am just curious :D

ITASOR
Jul 28, 2006, 10:45 PM
I know its your prerogative to buy anything you want, but i am curious as to why you want a G3 B&W or early G4, both of which use PCI graphics when for a little more money you can get a G4 with AGP graphics, which has a lot more upgrading options (more processor upgrade options, can hold more RAM, can hold multiple HDs without a HD controller upgrade)?
Don't mean to pry, i am just curious :D

Hmm...good question. I don't really want to do a ton of upgrades. A stock graphics card and stock processor with upgraded RAM will run Tiger fine for what I need this computer to do. If I was buying a G4, I would definitely want the AGP model, if I wanted to spend the money, but in all seriousness, I'll looking to pick something up for a good deal here, considering these things are selling for so cheap now a days. :)

steamboat26
Jul 28, 2006, 11:07 PM
Hmm...good question. I don't really want to do a ton of upgrades. A stock graphics card and stock processor with upgraded RAM will run Tiger fine for what I need this computer to do. If I was buying a G4, I would definitely want the AGP model, if I wanted to spend the money, but in all seriousness, I'll looking to pick something up for a good deal here, considering these things are selling for so cheap now a days. :)

I have been looking for a good deal on a powermac G4 as an upgrade project recently, but i have thought it over, and it would be a waste of money. I am now looking into a cheap mac laptop. Good luck with your search :D

BTW, there was a guy in DC selling some Powermac G4 Dual 500s for $50 last week, maybe if you found someone who bought one and offered them a little more than they payed, you could get an awesome computer for around the price you are looking at.

ricgnzlzcr
Jul 28, 2006, 11:18 PM
Hey itsasor. If you live around DC there is a guy selling powermac g3's b & w for $40

ITASOR
Jul 29, 2006, 09:17 AM
Hey itsasor. If you live around DC there is a guy selling powermac g3's b & w for $40

I live in NY, so nope, and I doubt he'll ship one.

No one has a B&W they want to sell me? Just PM or IM me what you want for it....it won't hurt. :p Also, a 350mhz G4 would be great too!