PDA

View Full Version : 12" Powerbook G4

SodaPopMonster
Jul 27, 2006, 07:58 PM
I have the latest generation of these beauties, and I still think it's the best mac laptop out there. Powerful and small.

Any other proud owners of the likely last powerful PPC lappy?

bwanac
Jul 27, 2006, 08:32 PM
I got one here... and its great...

but its getting close to me selling it as I need the cash! :eek:

krestfallen
Jul 28, 2006, 03:58 AM
I bought the latest revision of the 15" PB. I also thought to buy a 12" PB but i thought i would need the higher res for photoshop work.
I still think the 12" PB is the most portable and sexiest notebook i've ever seen. I still look in ebay sometimes to check the prices for one of the latest 12" versions ;)

I think this thing will be fine for 2 years or so. I don't understand the hype to buy an intel machine now. The G4's are solid machines and powerful enough.

Dracula
Jul 28, 2006, 04:00 AM
Highly jealous, I love the look, the size, the weight.

It's a damn shame that they didn't make it an Intel based sucessor

rdp5008
Jul 28, 2006, 07:34 AM
I opted to purchase a used 12" PB over a new macbook, and I am happy I did. The computer rocks. I haven't compared it to a macbook's performance, but it does everything I need it to do! And she loves to travel. :)

JBot
Jul 28, 2006, 09:38 AM
I have the last release pb 15'.
I think it is a fantastic machine, minus the strength of the case. I dented the bottom while having a textbook ontop of it in my bag, and i scratched the top of the case with my ruler, and so its also got a huge metal scar.
Still runs great however, and recently threw in a gig of ram, =1.5 now.

I think itll last one more year at school though, than itll be time to ditch my pentium desktop and fork for a mbp.

Mammoth
Jul 28, 2006, 10:13 AM
I am dying for an Intel version... it would be perfect. Just slim it down to 1 inch.

tekmoe
Jul 28, 2006, 11:16 AM
bought the last 12" and love it. i actually bought it for my gf but i get to use it sometimes when i do DJ gigs. so much more easy to make space for it at the club when I DJ.

ricgnzlzcr
Jul 28, 2006, 11:23 AM
I have the second to last revision of the 12 inch powerbook and its done everything I could possibly ever ask for.

erickkoch
Jul 28, 2006, 11:51 AM
Mine's just over a year old, looks and runs just as good today as the day I bought it. I've taken very good care of it. It should last another year or two, then I'll get the Intel Mac.

Agent Smith
Jul 28, 2006, 12:44 PM
I've owned three of the four PowerBook 12" models (the only one I didn't have was the 1 ghz version). They are the most amazing laptops that I've owned (I've also owned the 15" Ti and Al PB, a 17" PB, and a 12" iBook). I always came back to the 12"; it's a fantastic machine.

Tymmz
Jul 28, 2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah! I love mine and everyone I know loves it too.

It's the sweetest machine around.