PDA

View Full Version : iSkin Question?

swahilibill
Mar 11, 2003, 09:36 AM
Hi

Does anyone know if you can still get some scratches on the back of the iPod even with the iSkin. The reason I ask this is because I saw that there are little holes on the back. Is it better to get a groove jacket, cause thats just a solid peace on the back of the case itself. And does the groove jacket fit the Thinner 10GB ipod well?!?!?

DreaminDirector
Mar 11, 2003, 12:50 PM
I dunno, but I hope it doesn't. I just got an iSkin for my 10GB (touchwheel) and I love it. I think, as I look at it right now, it shouldn't scratch just because it looks like the plastic is about an 1/8 of an inch and it makes the metal on the other side of the holes to had to get to. Unless you scrap it really hard.

I can keep you updated as I carry it around. In my opinion, it's a awesome product. I love the way it feels. I haven't seen the GrooveJacket (not in person at least...), but I'm sure it's an equally good product.

p.s. - the iSkin does come in different sizes for the different ipods, but I don't know enough about the groovejacket to tell you if they do.

Kwyjibo
Mar 11, 2003, 04:08 PM
Ok I have both an iSkin and groove Jacket for my 20gb. The iSkin is far superior to grtoove jacket. Its a cleaner fit and has much better looks. The clear appeal of the groove jacket jsut makes the ipod look crappy. It gets dirty very quickly and feels flimsy compared to the iskin. Buy the iskin you won't be dissapointed.

Macpoops
Mar 11, 2003, 04:55 PM
I've had one for about 3 months now. Just a few minor scratches but nothing major. The iSkin has actually saved my ipod a few times. It does a surprisingly good job of protecting against bumps and drops. The screen does get scratches on it because after all it is unprotected. Other then that it's a solid case

Eckslusive
Mar 11, 2003, 09:17 PM
even if it has holes on the back, its not like you have pins in ur pants that will point into them and make scratches.