Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coday182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Jamestown, IN
From what I have read it seems like Windows Vista is gonna be almost all work and no play. boooh! OS X is fun too. Besides. If vista is really that great then we can run it on our macs :D

macsrockmysocks

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
It's not great. I hate it to death with an absolute passion. I'm typing on Vista right now. HATE IT!!!!!! I don't think Microsoft will ever catch up....

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Vista looks just like XP but with bubbly kind of icons. Imagine how that's going to look with all those desktop shortcuts. There'll be the Vista bubbly icons and the 3rd party apps regular icons.... yuk!

I have no intention of upgrading to Vista as I have no allegiance to M$ at all, the partition is on my MacBook for convenience and as long as I can do with XP Pro then that's fine with me.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
I am quite excited about vista, I love many operating systems my favourite being Mac OS X but I do like Linux and Microsoft as well!

At the moment because my Powerbook is quite slow compared to my PC, I've been using Windows XP. Apparently Robert on DL.TV thinks that Vista is running well! I know Microsoft Have copied Apple and a lot of things i.e. Zune player (Come on just look at it, a G2 iPod).

Is it going to be an improvement over Windows XP? Please tell me!

jaxstate

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
I'll be getting my copy the day it's released. I prefer OS X, but like Windows also.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
vista useability wise is no better than XP, a little worse in a few ways.

aquanutz

macrumors regular
What's a vista??

j/k

My room mate and I installed it on a spare machine and I have got to say..... It is ABSOULUTELY horrible! The install is cool because it's just a flat image file that extracts... but aside from that it is way too damn confusing to work. We could not find "My Computer".. It wasn't on the desktop nor was it in the Start menu. I mean, come on... Also, we couldn't even manage to get that cool tilted window effect without looking up how to do it. And don't even get me started on their "Sidebar". What a joke.

For a while there, I actually thought that Vista could be kind of neat and cool. But with the recent vulnerabilities in it's TCP/IP stack and it's just overall unfriendlyness, crappiness and blatent wannabe-osx look, I am sure this will be the start of the fall of MS.

aquanutz

macrumors regular
Oh, and not to mention the Aero glass effect makes me want to throw up and just looks really really stupid after more than ten minutes. MS's devs really need to make cool viusal affects about usability rather than just eyecandy. Like how when something closes or shinks to the dock in OS X, it shows you where it's going, etc.

in closing. muck ficrosoft.

contoursvt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
I'm a PC user who uses XP and 2K 99% of the time. I have a G3 B&W with 10.3 as well....but I gotta say that after trying Vista beta2, that its the worst heap I've ever used. I have not found one thing that I like about it. I'm praying that MS is playing a joke and they will release a totally different product down the road.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.