PDA

View Full Version : Is President Bush the reason of terrorism?

onimac
Mar 11, 2003, 08:38 PM
[Posted in Wrong Forum. Moved to Wasteland ]

Why, do I think so?

When Clinton was president, USA had a very strong econemy. He did some great work to make connections to some of their former enemies, like North Korea, Russia, and other contries in East Europe.

Some of the first thing the new President Bush did, was to stop these friendly communications, and to make enemies, instead of make peace, and friends.

We have to see the real intentions of the attack on the Twin Towers at 11 sept. If this attack was ment only to kill thousands of innocent people, then why not attack it later the same day? Then probably at least ten thousand people more would have been killed.

So, what then was the main reason to attack the Twin Towers? Itīs obvious, to destroy the good and strong American econemy. And did they make it? indeed they did!

So then back to the main question, is Bush responsible of this "Terror" attack, or not?
Maybe the attack would have come anyway? I cannot answer that question, but i belive that violence and war makes hate and terror. And sooner or later, some people get a reason to attack back. And the moore enemies you have, then closer you are to get attacked like the one on sept 11th.
And if Bush keep on making all this enemies around the world, an attack will come again some day. And now the enemies knows that it is possible to hurt US on their own land.

And to you who thinks that most people around the world, hates Americans. You are wrong, all of you. But it is al lot of people who dont like the way the President of your country behave. And I think a lot of Americans do to!

So, lets hope for no more war against innocent people. Because it is them who gets hurt!

From
Olaf in Norway

RandomDeadHead
Mar 11, 2003, 09:12 PM
No I dont think that Bush is to blame, ( And I DISLIKE Bush ) But he is definitely NOT helping any. Personaly I think he is a war monger, I mean damn 2 million for one bomb, and how many bomb's do we have? Just think how many people could be feed by 2 million dollars, how many low income houses could be built. 2 million dollars would buy 2 thousand eMacs for public schools, not to mention books. But NO we would rather keep building our two million dollar bombs and our 20 million dollar jets, and have people keep living on the streets, and schools haveing to fight and beg for money to educate our youth. I guess thats the American way.

Also I think Clinton was a decent president, not the greatest but decent. People gripe about his sex scandle but dont realise that he is not the first or the last to do that. People loved kennedy but the only diffrence betwene the two was the quality of their ho's. It is alright if one has a sexy supermodel move star ho, but if you have a normal sized, average looking one, it is called a sex scandle.

let me but on some flame retardant clothing before you have at me :)

G4scott
Mar 11, 2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by onimac
Is President Bush the reason of terrorism?

Uh, no.

You make no sense here. Terrorists didn't attack the twin towers because of president Bush. They attacked them because they hate America. Killing 1 American on American soil would be a victory to them, so what they accomplished was enormous for them. Using the actions of September 11th to make Bush seem bad is very sick.

Clinton might have opened up the world, and he might have been an entertaining person, but he was no more than a celebrity in my eyes. If it weren't for him, N. Korea wouldn't have their nukes.

Bush didn't ruin the economy. The economy was in a downfall when Bush took office. September 11th just made things worse, and now he has no other option but to be hard, and to protect the US and its interests.

Terrorists don't like Bush because Bush doesn't like them. Bush won't tolerate them. Clinton had the opportunity to take out Bin Laden, and he didn't. Clinton just put terrorism on the back-burner, and went on with his duties. Clinton built up a wonderful economy, and made our nation so much better, but ignored what was happening outside the US that could threaten us, so when something did happen, we weren't prepared for it.

It's like building a city in a canyon, and not building a dam first. The river just flooded, and the city was just washed away. I just think that Clinton didn't pay enough attention to terrorists, and paid too much attention to his own personal agenda...

G4scott
Mar 11, 2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by RandomDeadHead
No I dont think that Bush is to blame, ( And I DISLIKE Bush ) But he is definitely NOT helping any. Personaly I think he is a war monger, I mean damn 2 million for one bomb, and how many bomb's do we have? Just think how many people could be feed by 2 million dollars, how many low income houses could be built. 2 million dollars would buy 2 thousand eMacs for public schools, not to mention books. But NO we would rather keep building our two million dollar bombs and our 20 million dollar jets, and have people keep living on the streets, and schools haveing to fight and beg for money to educate our youth. I guess thats the American way.

I agree that spending money on education would be more beneficial, but if we don't build up our defenses, what good is education going to do us if we allow ourselves to be openly attacked? The safety of the US comes first, above all. It is hard to educate people when your country is under attack. War may be bad, but it's the only way that terrorists and others who hate the US with a passion will understand that we are not to be taken lightly.

conceptdev
Mar 11, 2003, 09:34 PM
Olaf, I think you might want to edit your post because your intentions are not clear.

Of course Bush is not responsible for terror attacks.

I think you are trying to ask the question, will Bush's actions prompt an increase in terrorism. If
that is your question - it might be a bit better to rephrase it that way.

peter2002
Mar 11, 2003, 09:40 PM
First, they bombed the WTC back in 1993 when Clinton was in office. They finished the job in 2001, however, those guys had been training for 2 years before, while Clinton was still in office.

Second, it may not have made the news in Norway, but we had a wacko in Waco Texas back in 1994. His name was David Karesh. He was a paligamist and had lots of guns and had lots of wifes and kids. The FBI tried to make him change his ways with a long stand off. David killed a couple of FBI agents, David set his house on fire, 80 people died, mostly women and children, and we let it burn to the ground for fear of more FBI lives lost. We didn't declare a war against stupid white men.

Third, we had another wacko in Oklahoma City. Timothy McVeigh blew up the Federal building back in 1995 to avenge David's death by the FBI. He killed 187, mostly women and children. We didn't declare a war against stupid white men. Clinton was still in office.

That is the problem in America, it is full of stupid white men. But we don't go after them, just the colored people and the Arabs. The 1 billion Arabs hate the USA because we support the tiny 13 million Jews in Israel. The Arabs are intolerant and preach hate. America is the only superpower and a symbol of freedom. They blew up just 2 buildings and killed 3,000 people. That ain't much. Over 50,000 die every year in drive by shootings here in America. As for the economy, it is still strong. The unemployment is only 5.8% in the USA, far below any other country.

Now blaming Bush for terrorism is absurd. That would be like blaming Bush for HIV or rednecks. Terrorism goes back to the dawn of civilazation. Hate, intolerance, killing, and ignorance are traits of hopeless and ignorant people. Unfortunately, we will have to live with such things until the world is destroyed by the Sun or God.

The real problem is the Arab world is a failed culture and failed society. This stems from 1,500 years of autocratic rule, dictatorships, and religous wars that have plaqued this region. This has led to religous intolerance, ignorance, and a surplus of people that have created a society of killers because they live in a hopeless society. The Arab world actually was a great society until the Crusades about 800 years ago. They have never been the same since.

Pete :)

BrittasMac
Mar 11, 2003, 09:52 PM
Just adding to peter2002's post

Don't forget that al-qaeda's attacks on western targets was already ramping up with the Jan. 2000 attack on the U.S.S. Cole.