PDA

View Full Version : Damn...iSee or iSkin...lol

swahilibill
Mar 11, 2003, 10:34 PM
I just have been reading reviews on the iSee and i am torn between this and the iSkin. I can pick up the iSee at the apple store near me, and even though its ten bucks more, the shipping on the iSkin would even out the two. Which one do i get. I hear that the iSee is the best for wanting to keep the original shape and look of the iPod. I have already used the iSkin. whats your guys thoughts?!?!?!?

Kwyjibo
Mar 11, 2003, 10:42 PM
The iSkin is a great case and it maintains the shpae of the iPod but protects the case. Trust me you will love the iSkin and they arrive really fast. I've read many reviews too and it seems like althought your ipod won't get scratched your iSee will and that will show its scratches but the iSkin is like a rubber cover that can't get scartched plus I like changing the color.

swahilibill
Mar 11, 2003, 11:14 PM
any other opinions, people that own or have used either alot?

jaguarx
Mar 11, 2003, 11:48 PM
i made the same choice a couple of months back.
I choose isee.
a: You can see it, and lets face it, the ipod is perty.
b: It's hard, it'll break if i drop it but it's less likely the ipod itself will absorb the impact, i didn't feel confident about that with the iskin.

DreaminDirector
Mar 11, 2003, 11:53 PM
iSkin all the way. It's has a good "grippy" feel. It's soft enough that if it is dropped, it might absorb some impact, but most likely, a dropped iPod is a dead iPod. It also depends on what you like and how you carry it around. That is purely opinion.

I vote iSkin. I love mine.

Eckslusive
Mar 12, 2003, 12:00 AM
isee all the way...cause 1) you can show the power of the ipod..

iskin covers the beauty and also, when u want to get it out of your pocket, its too grippy...

unless your gonna b placing it on slanted desks and stuff then u should get iskin, but otherwise, ISEE ALL THE WAY :)

Eckslusive
Mar 12, 2003, 12:00 AM
btw...when did u get your ipod?

Eckslusive
Mar 12, 2003, 12:02 AM
Sorry..posted it 2x :(

hesdeadjim
Mar 12, 2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by DreaminDirector
iSkin all the way. It's has a good "grippy" feel. It's soft enough that if it is dropped, it might absorb some impact, but most likely, a dropped iPod is a dead iPod. It also depends on what you like and how you carry it around. That is purely opinion.

I vote iSkin. I love mine.

Luckily, I know from experience that a dropped iPod is not a dead iPod (lucky it isn't dead). I truely enjoy the iSkin, but I think I would like the iSee too. It really depends on whether you want to see the natural beauty of the iPod or enjoy the grippy feeling or the color chaning. I like the glowing iPod look, but that might be just me.

Flowbee
Mar 12, 2003, 12:41 AM
I really love the iSee case. It's solid and easy to insert and remove the iPod. I think it also shows off the iPod better. It has rubber feet on the back to keep it from slipping off a table (when the belt clip is removed). It can pick up small scratches, but they're easily removed with a plastic polish (like iKlear). I haven't noticed the case leaving any scratches on the iPod itself (like my eXtermeMac case did). I bought my iSee at MacworldSF and have used it every day since then.

The iSkin looks good when it's new, but with heavy use, can start to look somewhat dingy and dirty for my tastes (even after cleaning).

robbybogers
Mar 12, 2003, 01:36 AM
I have the iSee and I love it. I personaly think it is the best case on the market right now. It protects your iPod and still lets you show it off. I have been stopped more than once and asked about it. The only complaint I had about it was that it was hard to get on and off my belt with the belt clip they send with it, but a little epoxy and a cheap cell phone clip solved that problem. Oh and when I got it the front cover was warped but they already shipped me a new one.

swahilibill
Mar 12, 2003, 06:32 AM
I think i am going with the iSkin. I am getting the thinner 10GB model and i have heard some complaints that the iSee case makes the overall iPod way too fat, and the 10gb thin iPod is made into a 20GB sized one.

mnkeybsness
Mar 12, 2003, 07:38 AM
iSee is a lot better to use than the iSkin

the screen will scratch on your ipod eventually. usually because you put the ipod in your pocket and your keys are also in that pocket.

so if you really want to preserve and protect your ipod, get the iSee. or, just get both.

Flowbee
Mar 12, 2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by swahilibill
I think i am going with the iSkin. I am getting the thinner 10GB model and i have heard some complaints that the iSee case makes the overall iPod way too fat, and the 10gb thin iPod is made into a 20GB sized one.

Ahh yes... good point. If I had the 10gb Pod, I think I'd want to keep it as thin as possible, too.

b-smooth
Mar 12, 2003, 05:27 PM
Originally, when I got one, they have two sizes of iSee cases: One for the 5 and 10 and one for the 20. I have a 5 so the smaller one fits mine like a glove. When I got the case, however, it had a crack in it so I had to call and make them send another. BTW, their customer service is excellent. But, the replacement they sent me was the large one because apparently they had converted to just a one size fits all (you put little spaces to make it fit snugly). That's not cool so I am still using the cracked one because it fits like a glove and I get so many comments on it. If you can handle the little extra baggage, get the iSee. My friend has the iSkin and it's cool too but doesn't show off the beauty like mine (and no belt clip). Hope that helps.

swahilibill
Mar 12, 2003, 05:38 PM
i am going with the iSKin case. I want to keep the shape and thin shape of the new 10Gb one i got. Thanks for the input everyone. Now I just need to choose a color...

PeteyNice
Mar 19, 2003, 09:22 PM
I know this thread is old but I wanted to sing the praises of the iSee. After the big blizzard here in the Northeast I was walking around outside listening to my iPod. I slipped on the ice and my iPod went flying. I was scared but the iPod was just fine (didn't even need a reboot). The front part of the iSee popped off and it took me a few minutes to find it but it slid right back on. Very nice.

Yes the case can scratch but better the case than the iPod.

tjwett
Mar 20, 2003, 12:12 AM
i was going through the same dilemma for a while. i've tried a bunch of different ones and one day i took my ipod out of the case and realized; this thing is not meant to be in a case at all! it has a 1/4" of practically bullet-proof plastic over the screen and it is seriously slim and feels/looks great in the hand or pocket. i firmly believe that this machine was designed to be carried, shown off and used AS-IS. god knows it's durable enough and it sure as hell looks the business. slapping a case over it not only steals it's beauty (even the clear ones) but totally robs it of it's number one bonus-it's tiny size. no case for me, no need, no thank you.