Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBMatt11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
I connected my macbook to my speakers but sound still comes out of the internal built-in laptop speakers. This only happens when in windows and it is really annoying.

Also I cannot use windows programs to record sound playing on my computer as it can only find line-in and spdif interfaces. Is there a way to do this? Thanks so much.

nyzrox

macrumors member
May 24, 2006
You can disable the internal speaker but not having it work like in osx were you plug in external speakers and the internal goes off

kyleaa

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2006
MBMatt11 said:
I connected my macbook to my speakers but sound still comes out of the internal built-in laptop speakers. This only happens when in windows and it is really annoying.

Also I cannot use windows programs to record sound playing on my computer as it can only find line-in and spdif interfaces. Is there a way to do this? Thanks so much.

This is a known drive issue with bootcamp, and nobody can really complain about it since bootcamp is still beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.