PDA

View Full Version : My switch story

alphaq619
Mar 12, 2003, 01:19 AM
I've been wanting to get a mac for awhile now but did not officially switch until last Wednesday when I bought a 12" Powerbook. I was in need of a laptop and I was long yearning for an iBook. I wisely waited until after MacWorld Expo SF and I fell in love with the 12" Powerbook.

I LOVE the way my Powerbook looks. I take it around with me everywhere on campus and I can feel the looks of envy whenever I pop it open. With its aluminum casing and its matching keyboard, it is one of the most pleasing things to look at and use. With my AirPort Extreme card, I can stay connected anywhere on campus (most buildings are "wired for wireless") If only this thing came out earlier...

As for OSX, I'm slowly getting used to the interface. I love how installing programs is just a matter of dragging it to your Applications folder. Finder can kick Windows Explorer's ass any day. I even had my iPod switch, from a Wipod to a Macpod. And the iLife apps, and OSX in general, are so intuitive. I wonder why it took me so long to switch.

Although I still have my PC, I find myself using my mac more. One thing I need help for is finding good websites about macs and how to use/tweak them. Can anyone help me out?

One happy switcher.:D

hacurio1
Mar 12, 2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by alphaq619
I've been wanting to get a mac for awhile now but did not officially switch until last Wednesday when I bought a 12" Powerbook. I was in need of a laptop and I was long yearning for an iBook. I wisely waited until after MacWorld Expo SF and I fell in love with the 12" Powerbook.

I LOVE the way my Powerbook looks. I take it around with me everywhere on campus and I can feel the looks of envy whenever I pop it open. With its aluminum casing and its matching keyboard, it is one of the most pleasing things to look at and use. With my AirPort Extreme card, I can stay connected anywhere on campus (most buildings are "wired for wireless") If only this thing came out earlier...

As for OSX, I'm slowly getting used to the interface. I love how installing programs is just a matter of dragging it to your Applications folder. Finder can kick Windows Explorer's ass any day. I even had my iPod switch, from a Wipod to a Macpod. And the iLife apps, and OSX in general, are so intuitive. I wonder why it took me so long to switch.

Although I still have my PC, I find myself using my mac more. One thing I need help for is finding good websites about macs and how to use/tweak them. Can anyone help me out?

One happy switcher.:D

Congrats!!! Good to hear you're enjoying your new Mac. It's a beautiful machine. As far as we sites goes, there are alot, but the only one I can think of now is www.accelerateyourmac.com. I'll post later if something else comes to my mind.

scem0
Mar 12, 2003, 11:45 AM
Mac OS X does that to you.....

(makes you switch ;)). It truly is amazing.

MacFan25
Mar 28, 2003, 12:10 PM
Congratulations on your switch! I love the new PowerBooks. They look great!

As for OS X, I love it also. I took me a few days to get used to it, but I love it now! :)

daniel77
Mar 28, 2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by hacurio1
Congrats!!! Good to hear you're enjoying your new Mac. It's a beautiful machine. As far as we sites goes, there are alot, but the only one I can think of now is www.accelerateyourmac.com. I'll post later if something else comes to my mind.

dont you mean xlr8yourmac.com :P ?

hacurio1
Mar 30, 2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by daniel77
dont you mean xlr8yourmac.com :P ?

Same Thing:p

scem0
Mar 30, 2003, 08:58 PM
I think you are at the best site for mac help questions, etc.

There is a section in the forums for questions, and we will be
glad to help you out. :)