PDA

View Full Version : "Apple readying a dizziying amount of new products" say Robert Scoble

AlBDamned
Aug 1, 2006, 03:24 AM
But he can't say more because "Jobs would sue him."

Oh yeah and Vista "shouldn't" ship till next June :eek:

From his blog (http://scobleizer.wordpress.com/2006/07/31/mclaws-is-right-on-windows-vista-ship-date/)

Iím sad to agree with Robert McLaws about Windows Vistaís ship schedule. This sucker is just not ready. Too many things are too slow and/or donít work. Iíve been on the betas of every Windows OS since Windows 3.1 and Vista is starting to feel good, but it doesnít feel good enough to release to the factory in October. It feels like it needs a good six more months than that, which would mean a mid-year release next year.

Some things that need to be fixed? UI issues (see Chris Pirillo). Speed/performance issues (unless itíll only be run on super-fast new computers ó I went back to XP on my Lenovo Tablet PC because Vista was sluggish and the drivers werenít reliable). Application compatibility (Iím hearing that many apps are having problems). Driver compat (my Dell computer at Microsoft never worked completely, and a coworker called me a few days ago to ask ďdid you ever get the soundcard working?Ē)

Remember: no one will remember whether this thing slipped another few months IF itís a good product when it comes out (remember Windows 2000? It slipped by years). But everyone will remember if this is a disaster (the community is still talking about Windows ME, which was a particularly horrible release).

If this ships in October, I will recommend not installing it and waiting for the first service pack. Thereís no way the quality will be high enough to trust it if it ships early. I hope Microsoft takes the time to do this right.

If they donít Apple will have far more market share at the end of 2007 than it will if Microsoft ships a great release.

Speaking of Apple, they are readying a dizzying amount of new products. I wish I could camp out at an Apple store during the World Wide Developer Conference on August 7th. I wish I could say more, but thatíd get me sued by Steve Jobs and I donít need that kind of heck right now.

Blue Velvet
Aug 1, 2006, 03:30 AM
Dizzying amount of products? Sounds good if true... really would provide an excellent PR boost.

Bring me: 19" MacBook Pro and 80gb iPod please. :)

asxtb
Aug 1, 2006, 04:00 AM
Weren't there suppose to be a 'dizzying' amount of new products (not those exact words) when the iPod Hi-Fi was introduced? That really didn't turn out to be much. Though I do love my Hi-Fi! :D
And how much are we really going to see at a developers conference?:confused:

AlBDamned
Aug 1, 2006, 05:05 AM
Weren't there suppose to be a 'dizzying' amount of new products (not those exact words) when the iPod Hi-Fi was introduced? That really didn't turn out to be much. Though I do love my Hi-Fi! :D
And how much are we really going to see at a developers conference?:confused:

When the Hi-Fi was introduced, the terminology was "fun new products."

I think there's some inference here that Apple could release stuff before or after WWDC (maybe today - it is Tuesday after all... ;) ) but then, that's always the case.

As BV rightly says, Apple PR could do with a boost and actual product coverage of Apple has been pretty bad of late. Nothing new to shout about and lots of noise around competitor products like Zune.

And a 19" MBP [in a new enclosure (dream)]. That would be tasty.

BoyBach
Aug 1, 2006, 05:52 AM
Speaking of Apple, they are readying a dizzying amount of new products. I wish I could camp out at an Apple store during the World Wide Developer Conference on August 7th. I wish I could say more, but that’d get me sued by Steve Jobs and I don’t need that kind of heck right now.[/i]

Ladies & gentlemen, start your (speculation) engines ;)

The new 'pro' line of Mac desktop's
An update to the other Mac lines - new processors?
The 'iPhone'?
New iPods?
Movies store?
A PDA?
New software?

I'm still going for:

After the Leopard preview, Steve will say, "...and it's shipping today!" :eek:

iGary
Aug 1, 2006, 05:58 AM
You heard it here first - all models get updated at WWDC. :eek:

bigandy
Aug 1, 2006, 05:58 AM
Bring me: 19" MacBook Pro and 80gb iPod please. :)

just that? i'm waiting for my 30" MBP and 1Tb iPod! :o

PlaceofDis
Aug 1, 2006, 06:00 AM
:: fingers crossed ::

make me spend money Apple, at least on something worthwhile. :D :p

BoyBach
Aug 1, 2006, 06:05 AM

Don't forget the iPods aswell ;)

MacSA
Aug 1, 2006, 06:23 AM
ohhh pleeeaaaaaaase be true :eek: :eek: :eek:

MacSA
Aug 1, 2006, 07:37 AM
Think anything will happen today? Or is it getting a bit late now.

Lollypop
Aug 1, 2006, 07:54 AM
Ladies & gentlemen, start your (speculation) engines ;)

The new 'pro' line of Mac desktop's
An update to the other Mac lines - new processors?
The 'iPhone'?
New iPods?
Movies store?
A PDA?
New software?

I'm still going for:

After the Leopard preview, Steve will say, "...and it's shipping today!" :eek:

Im not really looking for a new pro mac, but wouldnt mind a new phone, or a pda... oooo... new Newton!! hehe

Ill be happy if a dizzying array of products is just a dizzying array of features in Leopard!

stoid
Aug 1, 2006, 08:02 AM
Check the Buyer's Guide. Nearly every item says Don't Buy - Updates Soon!

The only things that aren't are the laptop lines and the MacBook Pro says Approaching End of Cycle.

asxtb
Aug 1, 2006, 10:03 AM
When the Hi-Fi was introduced, the terminology was "fun new products."
True, but there were rumors of all sorts of fun goodies at that time. Much similar to now. :cool:

Peace
Aug 1, 2006, 10:21 AM
You've heard it here for a while now..

30th Anniversary Mac

Chaszmyr
Aug 1, 2006, 10:25 AM
The way I see it, the only hardware product in Apple's line not due for an update is the MacBook. This isn't to imply that they will all be updated at WWDC, but with the Intel chips all out already, they could be. The iPod is starting to be in huge need of an update, but I'd be somewhat surprised if it were updated at WWDC. What I really want is one new product line to be introduced.

thedude110
Aug 1, 2006, 10:30 AM
You've heard it here for a while now..

30th Anniversary Mac

And here ... the CineMac!

Anticipation is really starting to build, eh? I'm worried about being let down -- that this dizzying array may be Leopard related or iPod accessories.

So I'll keep my hopes low, demanding only general innovation/revolution. :cool:

yg17
Aug 1, 2006, 10:50 AM
G5 Powerbooks next Tuesday!

imacintel
Aug 1, 2006, 10:53 AM

Your total comes to: 100000000000000000 0000000000000000000 000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000 00000000000000000

QCassidy352
Aug 1, 2006, 11:09 AM
The way I see it, the only hardware product in Apple's line not due for an update is the MacBook. This isn't to imply that they will all be updated at WWDC, but with the Intel chips all out already, they could be.

I agree - xserve, powermac, imac, mac mini, macbook pro, apple cinema displays, ipod shuffle, ipod nano, and ipod could all use an update.

However, IMO we will see new mac pros, x serves, maybe displays, and a leopard preview at WWDC. Everything else will be updated more quietly in the coming weeks.

Oh, and as far as "new" products - iphone in the next few months, and a true media-center mac in the same. I remain firmly convinced that there will not be, and will probably never be, a "headless imac" or $1500 stripped down tower.

joecool85
Aug 1, 2006, 11:26 AM
Here is what I want to see:

6 and 8gb nanos
12" or smaller laptop
mac pro <- intel
upgrade the CPUs in the rest of the intel lineup

Sharewaredemon
Aug 1, 2006, 11:53 AM
I am surprised everyone is talking about WWDC for product releases, it seems that perhaps the Paris Expo or a smaller event might be better suited for some of the products forthcoming (phone iPods, and consumer Macs)

Peace
Aug 1, 2006, 11:56 AM
We pretty much know the MacPro is going to debut at WWDC.The thing is even though it's for developers Steve's keynotes almost always include "one more thing".

Question is..What is it?

G5Unit
Aug 1, 2006, 12:00 PM
G5 Powerbooks next Tuesday!

Never gets old.

EGT
Aug 1, 2006, 12:29 PM
Never gets old.

Yes it does. :p

I'm looking forward to the Mac Pro and hopefully some MBP updates but I just want to see his Stevieness doing what he does best. :cool:

BoyBach
Aug 1, 2006, 12:44 PM
I am surprised everyone is talking about WWDC for product releases, it seems that perhaps the Paris Expo or a smaller event might be better suited for some of the products forthcoming (phone iPods, and consumer Macs)

Spoil sport :p

QCassidy352
Aug 1, 2006, 12:56 PM

As I recall, people always have high hopes for Paris, and we almost never get anything worthwhile. My opinion is that most of these releases will be simple speed bumps that just get quietly introduced some tuesday.

BlizzardBomb
Aug 1, 2006, 01:23 PM
Let's just hope that MR doesn't implode over the two billion users that'll be on here. :p

vniow
Aug 1, 2006, 01:26 PM
Who is this guy and why should we care what he says? I've never heard of him before this post.

spicyapple
Aug 1, 2006, 01:28 PM
Who is this guy and why should we care what he says? I've never heard of him before this post.
Robert Scoble? I've heard that name before, perhaps in one of the TWiT podcasts, but I think he's well known in the PC-tech community.

Applespider
Aug 1, 2006, 01:39 PM

He used to be Microsoft's evangelistic blogger until a few months ago.

AlBDamned
Aug 1, 2006, 01:59 PM

I was wondering how many people would ask this question. :)

Scoble knows a lot about what's going on in Silicon Valley and is probably the most famous blogger in the world. He has credibility to talk about this stuff.

treblah
Aug 1, 2006, 02:06 PM
Scoble knows a lot about what's going on in Silicon Valley and is probably the most famous blogger in the world. He has credibility to talk about this stuff.

It also helps when your brother is on the Mac team at Apple. ;)

bradc
Aug 1, 2006, 02:08 PM
How long is the Keynote though? There are only so many products you can introduce in a limited amount of time:confused:

emotion
Aug 1, 2006, 02:19 PM

Blimey, pretty credible as rumour sources go then...

We might be in for an interesting few weeks (i suspect a lot of stuff will just be updated on Tuesdays). Mac Pro is likely to be the main thing at WWDC (after Leopard preview).

aristobrat
Aug 1, 2006, 02:20 PM
Now isn't that the WWDC equiv of being a size queen??? :eek: :D :D

Project
Aug 1, 2006, 02:22 PM
Really? Didnt know that. Interesting...

poppe
Aug 1, 2006, 02:53 PM

No no no... its the teraPod or tPod.

treblah
Aug 1, 2006, 02:55 PM
If that’s how they preceive Vista then they simply aren’t listening. Maybe that customer would be better off with a Macintosh anyway. Oh, and I’m gonna run Vista on my Mac if they come out with what I hear they are gonna come out with next week.

Link. (http://scobleizer.wordpress.com/2006/08/01/looking-at-vista/)

Scoble is one of the biggest TabletPC whores around, and I could very well imagine him buying a Apple tablet just to load Vista on it.

WWDC might have a few surprises yet! :eek:

Chaszmyr
Aug 1, 2006, 02:57 PM
How long is the Keynote though? There are only so many products you can introduce in a limited amount of time:confused:

Usually 2 hours, give or take 30 minutes, but in reality, it's as long as Steve says he wants it to be.

bradc
Aug 1, 2006, 03:03 PM
So in the past how long does he typically dwell on releasing a new product? Or how long did it take him to introduce 10.4? 7 Days...

Chaszmyr
Aug 1, 2006, 03:06 PM
So in the past how long does he typically dwell on releasing a new product? Or how long did it take him to introduce 10.4? 7 Days...

Was that a bad joke?

In this particular keynote, the largest chunk of time will undoubtedly be focussed on Leopard, but in general he doesn't spend too long per product (though he likes to spend way too long on iLife upgrades), and the largest chunk of time is usually devoted to sales figures and stuff at the beginning.

fenixx
Aug 1, 2006, 03:07 PM
I think all these people expecting an onslaught of new products (new ipods, new nanos, new mbps, ipod phones) are going to be very disappointed.

treblah
Aug 1, 2006, 03:10 PM
Usually 2 hours, give or take 30 minutes, but in reality, it's as long as Steve says he wants it to be.

Last years WWDC was only 58 minutes (although no product introductions) and MWSF '06 was 1 hour and 34 minutes. Two hours might be stretching it a bit.

AlBDamned
Aug 1, 2006, 03:42 PM
I think all these people expecting an onslaught of new products (new ipods, new nanos, new mbps, ipod phones) are going to be very disappointed.

Some people are always disappointed with what's released. The trick is to expect a reasonable amount.

Leopard's a given - but how much time Steve spends on this is questionable seeing as the major apple execs will be on hand throughout the two days of WWDC to demo it - Mac Pros are almost a dead cert, a new MBP is a possibility.

Edit: And from what Scoble's saying, we can maybe expect something completely new...

I don't buy new iPods at WWDC because that's not what it's about. But then again, Steve is highly unpredictable with stuff like this so who can tell.

P.S. Didn't know that about Scoble's bro either. :)

runplaysleeprun
Aug 1, 2006, 03:43 PM
Last years WWDC was only 58 minutes (although no product introductions) and MWSF '06 was 1 hour and 34 minutes. Two hours might be stretching it a bit.

nonono, none of these "facts", and "numbers" supporting those "facts". I can't deal with them. I need rampant speculation to get me through the day.

Jobs' talk will take as long as it needs to take for him to update a half dozen product lines.

Chaszmyr
Aug 1, 2006, 04:01 PM

You might be right, but I think they are usually at least an hour and 30 minutes. WWDC last year was an exception, as you pointed out, cuz there was really nothing to talk about.

AlBDamned
Aug 1, 2006, 04:04 PM
You might be right, but I think they are usually at least an hour and 30 minutes. WWDC last year was an exception, as you pointed out, cuz there was really nothing to talk about.

Yeah no new hardware as such, no new software really, just "It's True".

Intel.

Gah.

im_to_hyper
Aug 1, 2006, 04:11 PM
A huge prodcut line update push would be pretty awesome sometime soon. Imagine -- all the products being announced, tons of updates. It would be beautiful! Right before the back-to-school shopping starts parents will have a huge list of stuff that they will be needing to buy their kids.

Tablets, phones, new iPods, 12" laptops, 10" laptops, Apple UMPC... I think I will take it all!

Ensoniq
Aug 1, 2006, 04:12 PM

Scoble is one of the biggest TabletPC whores around, and I could very well imagine him buying a Apple tablet just to load Vista on it.

Another comment from Scoble from the same link as above:

"I believe Vista DOES make our computing lives easier. The desktop search features are a huge advance. The multimedia capabilities are WORLDS ahead of anything else Iíve used. And the Tablet PC, Speech Recognition, and Media Center stuff thatís in there is WORLDS ahead of Apple. Although watch Apple in a week. Hint hint."

It's getting interesting! Why is this Microsoft guy bringing us the most exciting tidbits? :)

AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 1, 2006, 04:16 PM
It's getting interesting! Why is this Microsoft guy bringing us the most exciting tidbits? :)

It's so obvious. Apple is clearly switching to Windows. ;)

QCassidy352
Aug 1, 2006, 04:26 PM

yes, very interesting. A tablet? A media center mini? Since this is a professional conference, I'd have to guess the former. This could be exciting. :)

thewhitehart
Aug 1, 2006, 04:31 PM
Do you think there will be any updates to the Airport base stations? Not an increase in speed, as none of the currently shipping macs come with faster airport cards, but something like a video streaming airport express?

michaelrjohnson
Aug 1, 2006, 04:32 PM
I love the pre-Keynote buzz!

I get all jittery with excitement!

dsnort
Aug 1, 2006, 04:41 PM
I may be the only person in the world that wants this, but, for the love of Mike, a new Newton!!!!!

bradc
Aug 1, 2006, 04:43 PM
Was that a bad joke?

In this particular keynote, the largest chunk of time will undoubtedly be focussed on Leopard, but in general he doesn't spend too long per product (though he likes to spend way too long on iLife upgrades), and the largest chunk of time is usually devoted to sales figures and stuff at the beginning.

Haha no, there was no joke there at all! I was just asking how long does he take to introduce things. Then I typed 7days... as in only 7 more days.

FoxyKaye
Aug 1, 2006, 05:16 PM
Hard to say - WWDC might get better press. Plus, IIRC, Steve's not been as consistent with the consumer/professional::MWSF/WWDC split as he used to be. Apple's also been doing more of the media "special event" stuff and pushing out new products with very short notice lately, too. One scenario I could see is all the high-level stuff being introduced at WWDC and then a couple weeks of new product Tuesdays following it.

I think in general, though, Apple's getting a little tired of leaks that introduce its products in advance - hence the change in introduction strategies.

My wish list for the post WWDC frenzy is all consumer stuff, at this time I have no need for the Pro level, so I'll probably have to wait until Paris or MWSF to see the stuff I'd really be interested in.

madmaxmedia
Aug 1, 2006, 05:17 PM
I may be the only person in the world that wants this, but, for the love of Mike, a new Newton!!!!!

I'm leaning towards something like this- a new tablet of some sort (just going from Scoble's comments.) What he's said until now-

1. He's talks of lining up at the Apple store after the conference. This means hardware, since Leopard isn't coming out for awhile.

2. He's mentions running Vista on it, so it has to be OS X and not just an iPod or iPhone.

3. He specifically mentions tablet, speech recognition, and media. The way he talks about it, I doubt he's all geeked up to run Vista on his Mac Mini media server. But it's not just updated hardware either like say new Power Macs, since he mentions these software features...

Hey, maybe this is the reason why they cut the 12" PowerBook form factor- it would overlap with a tablet type device!

Macaddicttt
Aug 1, 2006, 05:21 PM
Am I the only one hoping for an iPod Socks update? :p

MacSA
Aug 1, 2006, 05:31 PM
Another comment from Scoble from the same link as above:

I have this horrible feeling that Vista is going to destroy any market share increases Apple may have made in recent years.

Macaddicttt
Aug 1, 2006, 05:36 PM
I have this horrible feeling that Vista is going to destroy any market share increases Apple may have made in recent years.

I don't see why it would. I bet Microsoft is going to be trying to make its money off of Vista from people upgrading. I don't think people are going to buy a new PC so that they can use Vista over OS X. My feeling is that Vista will be more of a, "Finally, an upgrade," than an, "Oh my God, I want that."

s0xô
Aug 1, 2006, 05:45 PM
Yes it does. :p

I'm looking forward to the Mac Pro and hopefully some MBP updates but I just want to see his Stevieness doing what he does best. :cool:

TBH, I doubt we will see any MBP updates...some say core 2 duo...but hopefully Apple will hold out till the Santa Rosa chipset, then the MBP would rock the socks of any competitor. IMO Core 2 Duo is useless without Santa Rosa.

treblah
Aug 1, 2006, 11:08 PM
TBH, I doubt we will see any MBP updates...some say core 2 duo...but hopefully Apple will hold out till the Santa Rosa chipset, then the MBP would rock the socks of any competitor. IMO Core 2 Duo is useless without Santa Rosa.

Santa Rosa isn't expected til H1 of 2007. Apple will update the MBP well before that. The Merom is just too compelling.

aswitcher
Aug 1, 2006, 11:27 PM
This guys could know something then if he is really well connected with the IT industry.

Leopard shipping right away would really rock.

Apple screens at Dell prices, or a little more if they have isight (and hopefully video inputs) would be really nice.

Multimedia Mac has huge potential as everyones second Mac - especially iPod halo wouldbe switchers...

p0intblank
Aug 2, 2006, 01:03 AM
Now I can't wait even more! Imagine if ALL Macs got an update? That would be... incredible. :eek:

As for the Vista delay to June... well let's hope that is true.

steve_hill4
Aug 2, 2006, 01:19 AM
Nonsense, why would they stick with an inferior chip for 6 months just because something extra will be added to the newer chip. They are more than likely to just start soldering the new chips in place of the old, then use Santa Rosa when it arrives.

Didn't they do a silent update of those recently? ;) :D

dongmin
Aug 2, 2006, 02:06 AM
I have this horrible feeling that Vista is going to destroy any market share increases Apple may have made in recent years.Why? The term 'market share', as it's typically used, refers to hardware sales. Apple competes against Dell, HP, et al. Every Mac user could switch to Vista and Mac's market share would still go up if everyone buys a Mac to run Vista. Anyways...

I'm sure Apple has a ton of stuff in the pipeline, but for sure, Apple is gonna spread out the releases:

iPod stuff
My guess is there's gonna be at least two rounds of consumer related announcements. One, this month, and another in October or so as the holiday shopping season really gets going.

Macs
All Macs will get an update before the year is out. That's six lines of Macs plus any new lines (tablet, mini tower) that Apple may introduce.

Other
And of course, there's all the software and iTMS-related announcements that'll also make headlines.

That's about 10 major announcements before December. Yeah, it'll be a busy busy fall. And when MWSF rolls around, BOOM, Leopard will be in sights for a Feb/March release--beating Vista by a month or two. Better get your Apple stocks now while it's still reasonable.

Lollypop
Aug 2, 2006, 02:53 AM
I love the pre-Keynote buzz!

I get all jittery with excitement!

hehe, same here! Yesterday I was all Newton, now I would love a "real" media centre from apple, or a updated airport express... im actually in the market for a wireless access point... :p :p

FleurDuMal
Aug 2, 2006, 03:06 AM
As long as a new iPod is announced, I'll be happy. I'm not too bothered about the appearance of Leopard or not, given that I've only just got Tiger (on my MB).

However, I'd be ecstatic at the announcement of a consumer level desktop of some sort (even though I wouldn't be able to buy one for at least a year), though now I know I'm only dreaming :rolleyes: :o

Chundles
Aug 2, 2006, 03:20 AM

AT LAST!!

A voice of reason in the wilderness!

I too am waiting on an iPod socks update. What do you think will happen? New colours? New fabrics? Maybe a "sports sock" option for the iPod + Nike kit? Low-rider socks for us nano owners?

Oh the possibilities...

BoyBach
Aug 2, 2006, 03:56 AM
AT LAST!!

A voice of reason in the wilderness!

I too am waiting on an iPod socks update. What do you think will happen? New colours? New fabrics? Maybe a "sports sock" option for the iPod + Nike kit? Low-rider socks for us nano owners?

Oh the possibilities...

Introducing the new iPod + Nike Sport Sock - wicks away sweat and stops your iPod Nano getting blisters :eek:

cwedl
Aug 2, 2006, 04:03 AM
I just want the iPhone to be released, but it better come free on contract! hehe

BoyBach
Aug 2, 2006, 05:38 AM

Could it really be a PDA/tablet?

Damn you Apple, making me spend money I don't have on things I don't need.

emotion
Aug 2, 2006, 05:55 AM
As long as a new iPod is announced, I'll be happy. I'm not too bothered about the appearance of Leopard or not, given that I've only just got Tiger (on my MB).

However, I'd be ecstatic at the announcement of a consumer level desktop of some sort (even though I wouldn't be able to buy one for at least a year), though now I know I'm only dreaming :rolleyes: :o

It's a pro developer conference. Consumer stuff is less likely to happen IMO.

(Think Leopard, Mac Pro, updated MBP etc)

PlaceofDis
Aug 2, 2006, 05:58 AM
It's a pro developer conference. Consumer stuff is less likely to happen IMO.

(Think Leopard, Mac Pro, updated MBP etc)

consumer machines are automatically discounted yes.

the iPod not so much if it is a radically new enclosure and such. as i pointed out earlier the 3rd Gen iPod was released at a WWDC so a True Video iPod could be released as well, but a simple refresh would slide.

i'll say it again, anything Major is fair game. small refreshes and processor upgrades will be left out.

whooleytoo
Aug 2, 2006, 06:54 AM

I think Apple is well aware of the thread posed by Vista regardless of how big an update it turns out to be. That's why I reckon we're likely to see an enormous advertising & marketing campaign for Leopard to get the word out.

Sharewaredemon
Aug 2, 2006, 10:09 AM

Nope, I've been wanting new colours for some time.

MovieCutter
Aug 2, 2006, 10:19 AM
the iPod not so much if it is a radically new enclosure and such. as i pointed out earlier the 3rd Gen iPod was released at a WWDC so a True Video iPod could be released as well, but a simple refresh would slide.

Ummmm, the 3G iPod was released at a special event in conjunction with the iTunes Music Store.

thequicksilver
Aug 2, 2006, 11:26 AM
My prediction: only pro level hardware to be updated.

This is a show for developers, not consumers, not the music press, but registered Apple developers. They're going to be shown Leopard, are going to have the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro introduced to them as well.

A new Merom/Conroe based iMac will come in Paris in September - possibly with a new mini/MacBook - and a new iPod/iPod nano will come at a special music event in September in San Francisco, as all new major iPod updates (I deliberately discount the shuffle) have since 2004.

LoveMacMini
Aug 2, 2006, 12:19 PM
with only 4 days 23 hours left at the time of this post, who the hell cares what's being predicted.

We're all going to find out soon enough.

If this wait is too much of a burden on your mind then pop out some Ambien and alcohol and you'll be knocked out for a day or two (bed pan not included)

Project
Aug 2, 2006, 02:21 PM
"If thatís how they preceive Vista then they simply arenít listening. Maybe that customer would be better off with a Macintosh anyway. Oh, and Iím gonna run Vista on my Mac if they come out with what I hear they are gonna come out with next week." - Scoble

Gotta be hardware. Im excited now!

Though I would be happy with just Mac Pros and Leopard if it really raises the bar with Vista.

AlBDamned
Aug 3, 2006, 07:55 AM
Because it's several days later, I wonder if Macworld.co.uk picked up this story from this thread?

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=15441