Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
The UK has another video download store ahead of Apple Movie Store offerings

BT Vision is a simple layout that is web based and looks to be about the same as LoveFilm's download store

the bad part is Windows XP only - you will also need to run IE6 to view the store (my windows pc's Firefox browser did not run it)

maybe a sign of things to come , but i do think Apple will corner the Movie download market very quickly - even with all the other competition out there.

Linky

Attachments

• sdsd.jpg
    sdsd.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 96

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
liketom said:
the bad part is Windows XP only - you will also need to run IE6 to view the store (my windows pc's Firefox browser did not run it)

Ugh, first Channel 4, now BT. When will they learn? :mad:

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
liketom said:
C4 really peed me off with XP only rubbish - i so wanted LOST :mad:

Same here. I recorded it with EyeTV but I'm missing one episode from series one when my iMac **** itself :(

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
its working in firefox for me...

try this link in firefox, you'll see it working, seemingly fine.

still, it's a bit carp that it's only IE6.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
liketom said:
C4 really peed me off with XP only rubbish - i so wanted LOST :mad:

Lost video is only available to UK users using Windows Media Player 10 or above; you can download the player here.
You will also require:
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6
- A broadband Internet connection of at least 500 kbps
- Flash Player 6.0 or higher
- Internet Explorer's "Privacy" settings set to the default "Medium" setting
- Firewalls and pop-up blockers disabled

Medium privacy Settings and Pop-Up blockers and Firewall disabled???? F*** OFF to that.

Ever tried the channel 4 forums? riddled with pop up ads and other crap... thats why its Windows/IE Explorer only so they can target you with all that stuff.

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
I wonder if they will tie this into their home hub things they have released ??/

Would be a very very nice package that.

I still dont get why Apple don't even do TV downloads in Europe or elsewhere, so even if they do anounce a Movie download service it wont be cornering any market in the thing they call the world any time soon.

Bring it on BT!

Edit: Oh also SKY do downloadable movies if you subscribe to them, also Sports. That is windows only but now they have Easynet I'm sure they will be doing something similar to BT.

You see it happening now, broadband is becoming enablers for TV & Telecoms companies, even by the fact Mobile companies are giving Broadband with a mobile phone contact. Already seeing the broadband market vastly changing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.