PDA

View Full Version : 15" AlBooks?

Wano
Mar 12, 2003, 10:23 PM
Do you guys think they may be released around what will be 6months after the 1ghz ti was announced, along with a 1.25ghz procesor and 2xsuperdrive?...or will that be to soon after the 17" will ship?

daedelgt
Mar 12, 2003, 10:43 PM
If Apple releases an upgraded product essentially 2 months after they just upgraded it (17 inch being shipped), they are going to have a lot of really pissed off customers.

Wano
Mar 12, 2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by daedelgt
If Apple releases an upgraded product essentially 2 months after they just upgraded it (17 inch being shipped), they are going to have a lot of really pissed off customers.

True, but wouldn't this throw their "releases" of course in a sense...plus 1ghz already seems outdated now that the 1.42 ghz G4 is out.

daedelgt
Mar 12, 2003, 10:55 PM
Everything you have said is true, and it makes sense. All of my feelings are based around the fact that, due to production difficulties, my new "top of the line" machine will cease to be top of the line in such a short period.

Maybe the "repackaging" includes a new proc? Who knows ;)

Steradian
Mar 12, 2003, 11:14 PM
well "it is the year of the laptop":D but i don't think we would see a 1.25 ghz proc i think it would be the less power hungry 7457 that is suppose to make an appearance sometime this year... :)

MPTV-Ti
Mar 12, 2003, 11:33 PM
<<<<If Apple releases an upgraded product essentially 2 months after they just upgraded it (17 inch being shipped), they are going to have a lot of really pissed off customers.>>>>

they've done this before, and if my memory serves me right, it was only 2 months ago! they released new tis in november and added to the line in january with 12 and 17... why can't they replace the ti with a new 15" al in a couple months? essentially adding to the new aluminum line... also following the 6mo give or take a few upgrade cycle seen previously

personally speaking, i bought a new tisd in november, and was not pissed with the introduction of the new al- like many before me have stated, the 17 is too big, and the 12 is not as powerful, the 15 is just perfect. i love my tisd and i'm sure there are many many others

Bear
Mar 13, 2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Wano
Do you guys think they may be released around what will be 6months after the 1ghz ti was announced, along with a 1.25ghz procesor and 2xsuperdrive?...or will that be to soon after the 17" will ship?
The speed of the 15" AlBook is a good question.As for announcement date, well at the rate things are going, 6 months and just after the 17" Powerbook ships is getting to be close to the same thing as 6 months is May.

Wano
Mar 13, 2003, 10:02 PM
When do you guys think we will see iBook upgrades...and with what?

macphoria
Mar 14, 2003, 01:18 AM
I'm hoping next upgrade will bring

12" PowerBook - 1Ghz
15" PowerBook - 1Ghz or 1+Ghz
17" PowerBook - 1+Ghz
12" iBook - 1Ghz G3

But it will probably end up being

12" PowerBook - no change
15" PowerBook - 1Ghz
17" PowerBook - no change
12" iBook - 900Mhz G3

15" PowerBook in aluminium casing will probably debut around April/May. iBook has good chance of getting updated around that time.

t^3
Mar 14, 2003, 01:40 AM
I'm inclined to think that at least the high-end iBook will have a 133 bus, since the high-end iMac has already gone to DDR RAM with a 133 bus. This would make the processor speed be 933 or 1GHz.

Helmut Kool
Mar 14, 2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Wano
When do you guys think we will see iBook upgrades...and with what?

Don't know if this means anything, but there's a discount for 14" iBook at least in some European Apple web stores lasting until the end of March:

http://promo.euro.apple.com/shoppingguide/hotdeals/fi/

Maybe we get some new models soon after that?

CrackedButter
Mar 14, 2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Helmut Kool
Don't know if this means anything, but there's a discount for 14" iBook at least in some European Apple web stores lasting until the end of March:

http://promo.euro.apple.com/shoppingguide/hotdeals/fi/

Maybe we get some new models soon after that?

Maybe but this offer did include the iMac before the updates, and after that they just removed it from the offer. They could do it but you also have to take into account that the 12" was rumoured to be the new iBook anyway, they now have to do a redesign on them thus delaying them. Thats what i think anyway.

If you look at it this way, every product now has been updated except for the iBooks and the 15" Pbook. From rumours they suggest teh 15" is ready to go and they are just waiting for current stock to drop. Leaving only the iBooks and there are absoluty no rumours going round about them. There are more rumours about the PPC970 and iPod than a new iBook.

Because of this i got tired of waiting and just bought one, it was better than my old laptop anyway.