Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indigoflowAS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, OH
Has anyone experienced the disturbing dark blemishing/staining/erosion that showed up in several aluminum PowerBook models...like in the handrest area?

I am curious because I have a small little spot that said area and cannot get it clean...While it may be a little dink, I may invest in some kind of protector if word is that others are seeing any blemishes.

Thanks in advance.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
indigoflowAS said:
Has anyone experienced the disturbing dark blemishing/staining/erosion that showed up in several aluminum PowerBook models...like in the handrest area?

I am curious because I have a small little spot that said area and cannot get it clean...While it may be a little dink, I may invest in some kind of protector if word is that others are seeing any blemishes.

Thanks in advance.
None so far

2contagious

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2008
UK
I have loads. two blemishes above the screen, two on the left side next to the screen and one where you'd put your left wrist. where the metal goes lower towards the keyboard, I also have two spots where the metal is coming off)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.