Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
touchy subject for me. i bought the first run of posters, but pretty much destroyed them in hanging. so when i saw redlightrunner's prices, i about shot myself. then i realized that they have become scalpers... they were a nice company to fill the vacancy left by appledesign, but now they're just overrated.

and for those of you wondering about *how* much overpriced they are... i bought my watch (blue-rim, contemporary design, i think it's the OS 8 watch) on ebay for $25 including shipping about a year and a half ago, and the last i saw they had it listed for something like $200... now they don't even seem to have it anymore...

total ripoff. and i do wish they'd quit sending me spam.

pnw

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
woah!

that's pretty bold...$185 for this poster??

funny...this was the very first thing I ever bought from ebay... ;)

Attachments

• redlightrunner_1733_25869095.gif
    redlightrunner_1733_25869095.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 395

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
i've been wanting to start collecting TD posters and hanging em on my wall, but the cheapest i can find on ebay is like 20 bucks each. and that's for the 11x17 inch posters. i really want the gandhi, jim henson, bob dylan, and possibly either feynman or watson. i would love to buy soem off ebay for 10 bucks each, so i'll keep lookin. :)

also, i think one of the reasons that RLR's prices are really high is because 1) those are 24x36, which generally go for higher due to rarity and size (duh) and 2) they're all in mint condition

the flik the ant poster is really nice, but it's not for sale. the dalai lama is also cool, but not worth it for 500 bucks. :rolleyes:

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
my spanish teacher has like 20 of those old think different posters in her office. including the muppet one, and lucy and desi arnez and a farmer like guy.. all pretty cool

Steradian

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2002
San Jose
heh

Our school was given 4 set's of all the "think different" posters...we only gave out one of them...The other 2 sets well let's just say that they are still in mint and are in a safe place ;)
heh :p

The remaining 1 set is in a safe place (in administrators home)
if you really would like a SET then pm me

gerror

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
I have 10 of them. A couple of months ago I saw the prices on redlightrunner. I couldn't believe my eyes. They were given out for free some years ago at a appleconvention in Utrecht, The Netherlands.

Wanna buy one? ;) ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.