PDA

View Full Version : 12" PB G4 speaker popping?

Twylo
Mar 13, 2003, 05:33 PM
I'm the very proud owner of a brand new 12" Aluminum PowerBook G4. So far, I'm very impressed with the notebook, except for one problem: Whenver the system tries to play a sound through the internal speakers, there's a *pop* or *crackle*, then a slight delay (on the order of a half second or so), then the sound will play. It doesn't matter what application tries to play the sound, it's always the same.

After the crackle and the delay, the sound plays just fine, and I'm very happy with the sound quality.

I've been unable to find anybody else with this problem, and I can't get anything out of Apple's support site. I figure I'll call Apple Support tomorrow morning and ask them about it, but I was curious if anyone else has seen this behavior?

losfp
Mar 13, 2003, 05:46 PM
yep, it's something to do with the system putting the sound device to sleep to conserve energy if nothing is played for more than 30 seconds. search on versiontracker for an app called keepsoundawake, or similar - it sends a silent sound every 20 seconds to keep it awake.