Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

withnail

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2003
I have a 1GHz TiBook and have recently reverted (via "Archive and Install") from 10.2.4 to 10.2.2. I have noticed a problem where the brightness setting for my display will often pop back to full brightness. I don't see it happen *while* I'm using the computer, so it's happening either upon reboot or waking from sleep, not sure which. I (think I) perfromed a reset of the Power Management Unit and am still seeing this. I held the button below the keyboard down and then powered on, but saw no confirmation that the reset had actually occurred. I also ran the Hardware Test from CD with everything OK.

Does anyone know the cause of this and what i can do? I don't have any "haxies" installed or anything of that nature. The only other odd behavior I can see is that once I plugged the power adapter in while it was asleep and it didn't see it, even after I woke it up. (Are you only supposed to connect/disconnect the AC while the laptop is awake?)

Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.