Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
kammron said:
i know its probably not the best of deals, but it includes 2 batteries and a big HD.
plus i just really wanted the video cables.
it going to my cousin and its her first mac.
also ill be getting an airport card for her...
will both airport and airport extremes work for wireless internet?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ndexURL=3&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
Looks like you'll need to get an Airport card too, it'll have to be an 802.11b too that Apple stopped selling a while ago. They can be quite expensive next sale on ebay is 3hrs away and already at $120+. Also it has Tiger installed but doesn't say you get a Tiger CD's did Tiger ever come on CD?

kammron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Calgary Alberta
mpw said:
Looks like you'll need to get an Airport card too, it'll have to be an 802.11b too that Apple stopped selling a while ago. They can be quite expensive next sale on ebay is 3hrs away and already at $120+. Also it has Tiger installed but doesn't say you get a Tiger CD's did Tiger ever come on CD?

yah there really expensive.
i not sure about the cd's, theres 5 pictured but i dont know what theyd be for.
they dont look like os cd's

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
kammron said:
yah there really expensive.
i not sure about the cd's, theres 5 pictured but i dont know what theyd be for.
they dont look like os cd's
The CD's will be software restore disk etc. but will include only the original OS I'm guessing Jaguar. It sounds like the seller has loaded a potential illegal copy of Tiger.

kammron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Calgary Alberta
mpw said:
The CD's will be software restore disk etc. but will include only the original OS I'm guessing Jaguar. It sounds like the seller has loaded a potential illegal copy of Tiger.
possibley. he might have bought a family pack though.
and is just keeping the disks

moonislune

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2005
A few other options

You might also consider going wifi via usb. It will save you about $80. Also, if you want to install Tiger, just hook up an external DVD drive...that's what I did.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
kammron said:
possibley. he might have bought a family pack though.
and is just keeping the disks
I'm pretty sure the 'family' pack licence doesn't transfer when you sell one of the PCs it's loaded on, so it'll still be a dodgy copy.

eidrunner247

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2006
I have been watching the airport cards on ebay. Of what I have seen, they are going from 89-99 bucks shipped. Hope this helps. You might be able to find an airport card on this site for 80 shipped. good luck.

ps. ibook g3s are sweet computers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.