PDA

View Full Version : Sony Mavica disc and SuperDrive

macphoria
Mar 14, 2003, 12:10 PM
I don't know how many of you guys use Sony Mavica camera, but I've been having trouble getting Mavica photo disc to mount on my desktop using SuperDrive. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some kind of known issue with Mavica disc and SuperDrive?

D.W
Mar 14, 2003, 04:52 PM
Hey Macphoria, if I'm correct, that camera uses discs to record it's media, those small 8cm ones? Apple laptops can't use it because of the small disc that the Mavica uses and the fact that the laptops are 'slot loading' which 'grabs' the discs on the sides. You can use it in a desktop because it uses a tray. Hope that helps.

P.S. Come to think of it, the Power G4 has S/D as well and it's tray loading, so technically it should work. and obviously doesn't.

Mac til death
Mar 14, 2003, 06:15 PM
I don't know how many of you guys use Sony Mavica camera, but I've been having trouble getting Mavica photo disc to mount on my desktop using SuperDrive. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some kind of known issue with Mavica disc and SuperDrive?

I've had the exact same problem. I can't get it to mount at all, and I haven't found a way around the problem yet.