Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TonySwartz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
Hi guys, I have a pretty random question. I can't find any way to get this done; maybe you can help me out.

I have my iPod on manual update (too much music, too little space). What I'd like to do is rate my music using "My Ratings" in my iTunes Library and then have the iPod correct the ratings on those tracks in the iPod as well. Is this possible? (E.g. I rate "Chicken Dance" a 5 in my library, and also have that track manually added to my iPod. I'd like the iPod to show it as a 5 as well.)

I can't auto-update. I'd like to do something with smart playlists regarding the ratings.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
you want certain rated songs to appear on your ipod?
simple.
create a smart playlist with "live" updating for the rating you want.
say five stars. so that all stars rated with five appear in there.
set your ipod to auto snyc with that playlist and you're good.

TonySwartz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
My reply was deleted (?)

I am planning on doing smart playlists once I get the question above answered. I need to see if I can move ratings done in my library automatically to my iPod. I'm rating them after the songs are in the iPod.

I kind of think I just have to either 1) rate them twice or 2) delete the songs on the iPod and move rated songs back over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.