Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ckent03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
I have the final version of the 14" iBook, with bluetooth 2.0+EDR. I usually keep the iBook with me at work, and like to listen to music on it, owever, it would be helpful if I could find some bluetooth headphones so I can listen to iTunes while I work without tripping over chords, or constantly yanking the headphones out of the jack.
I have three requirements. they need to be:
1. comfortable enough to wear long periods of time
2. have decent sound
3. not suck up AAA or other alkaline batteries left and right.

If it worked with my iPod as well, that would be a bonus.
Thanks,
Brian

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
there are a lot of companies that make BT headphones, logitech makes a good pair. The only thing is that I'm not sure if they'd work directly with your internal BT. they would work with your ipod, though, as you just plug a transmitter into the headphone jack.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Ckent03 said:
I have the final version of the 14" iBook, with bluetooth 2.0+EDR. I usually keep the iBook with me at work, and like to listen to music on it, owever, it would be helpful if I could find some bluetooth headphones so I can listen to iTunes while I work without tripping over chords, or constantly yanking the headphones out of the jack.
I have three requirements. they need to be:

1. comfortable enough to wear long periods of time

Don't get the behind-the-neck ones in that case. The Logitech in particular sucks for comfort.

2. have decent sound

For the most part they have acceptable sound. Decent I guess depends on your interpretation. A simple rule of thumb is that they sound like wired headphones of about one-fifth of their price.

3. not suck up AAA or other alkaline batteries left and right.

No. they suck up Lithium-ion batteries left and right. Most will last a typical listening day on a charge though.

If it worked with my iPod as well, that would be a bonus.
Thanks,
Brian

If they're the type to come with a transmitter like the Logitech, yes. If otherwise, you're out of luck - and you'll be out of luck on the iBook too as Macs don't support this Asomething protocol which allows for bluetooth headphones (as opposed to headsets) to be used.

Ckent03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
adk said:
there are a lot of companies that make BT headphones, logitech makes a good pair. The only thing is that I'm not sure if they'd work directly with your internal BT. they would work with your ipod, though, as you just plug a transmitter into the headphone jack.

Thanks for the replies, I was at radio shack last night and found a bluespoon spider headset. It paired easily enough to my iBook, and the microphone seems to work well, but it will not pump any sound into the headphones at all. Bummer, may have to send them back...
Brian

liquidfunk

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2009
I use a Jabra BT3030. paired easily but the quality sucks. They work wonderful with my blackberry, so Im not sure why my mac mini has such a hard time. The quality is bad enough to be unusable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.