Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Revealing my ignorance here....

Here's a question for those with the color ipods..I bought my wife a new ipod last year (4th generation, color screen). We've downloaded various album art files using tools I've found suggested here. However, when the artwork shows up on her iPod (when she plays a song), it doesn't fill the screen. Is this a resolution issue, a settings issue, or the way the iPod is supposed to work. Thanks!

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
It's only supposed to feel up the little box that's allowed for it on the iPod...not the whole screen. If you mean it doesn't fill up the box all the way and there is small white lines above and below the artwork and/or left and right...your artwork is probably has a low pixel count such as 128x128 or something similar. If you get artwork that is 320x320 or 500x500 you should't have this problem (purchased iTunes artwork is 600x600)

you can find out what resolution album art is by going to:

images.google.com

Then typing in the artist - album name

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
It does fill up a little box in the center of the screen, with no white lines. I just thought it was odd that it didn't fill the screen.

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
If you can't find bigger versions, you could always just make the ones you have bigger using Photoshop or Gimp. You might lose a little quality but on a screen the size of the iPod's, I don't think it will be a big deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.