PDA

View Full Version : Design my Logo..Please......

mocman
Aug 9, 2006, 07:22 AM
I have to say that I see some great work on some logos and I need some help. Everyone I design is a little to busy and I know that I do not need that.
I want something that really stands out and sticks.....
My company name is Digital Memories.
I do computer work: Inventory of property: Photo and Video Restoration: Etc

Thanks in Advance MC

Blue Velvet
Aug 9, 2006, 08:22 AM
You want a quality piece of work for free?

atszyman
Aug 9, 2006, 08:51 AM
You want a quality piece of work for free?

To be fair everyone wants that. However most people don't expect to actually get it.

dbhays
Aug 9, 2006, 08:59 AM
Maybe if you post what you have done yourself, you might get some suggestions.

Mord
Aug 9, 2006, 12:18 PM
it's quite a pansy like name, so it's kinda tricky, i'll whip something up.

when doing logo's or anything i tend to take an A3 piece of paper and do a few sketches of designs, then scan in the one i like the best and maquette over it and fill it in, the best logo's tend to be nice and simple, don't feel the need to do a backround or anything, the two words on top of each other in a nice suitable type font will do fine, though i cant find a font that suits it, so i'll sketch and scan one.

mocman
Aug 9, 2006, 01:20 PM
I have tried to uplaod what I have to no avail....:(

tobefirst
Aug 9, 2006, 01:30 PM
I have tried to uplaod what I have to no avail....:(
your files may be too big to attach to your post, in which case Photobucket or ImageShack or another picture hosting place is your friend.

Mord
Aug 9, 2006, 01:45 PM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3609/logonj5.jpg

if i could be bothered i'd take a proper macro shot of a suitable flower and do an effect of hundreds of pink pixels flying accross the bottom to complete half of the flower.

redbandit
Aug 9, 2006, 02:03 PM
Why do people bother posting requests for free design?

chasemac
Aug 9, 2006, 02:54 PM
I would be happy to design your logo for a price.:)

dornoforpyros
Aug 9, 2006, 03:33 PM
if some one called your business up and asked for free work would you do it? What if they said please? :rolleyes:

HiRez
Aug 9, 2006, 04:25 PM
Maybe it's a good spare-time exercise for some design student? Or something. Anyway, I would recommend a small tag line on the bottom of your logo: "...with Jack Handy"

Lebowski
Aug 9, 2006, 08:54 PM
please tell me you are gonna do more than make an iDVD slideshow of peoples pics...

this service is getting to be like uncle photographer with a rebel XT.

mocman
Aug 9, 2006, 09:18 PM
yea photos to video, photo restoration, tape to dvd, home inventory, digital scrapbooking, and computer work.
I uploaded a few finally......Thanks MC

Lau
Aug 9, 2006, 09:23 PM
Below, I attached mocman's logos that he had attached above, as jpgs to save downloading the pdfs.

mocman
Aug 9, 2006, 09:27 PM
Thanks Lau...What I also have been thinking is a white apple of some sort with digital memories on top???

iMeowbot
Aug 9, 2006, 09:47 PM
Hey, I think I found just the thing in an old folder!

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/951/brainsax2.th.png (http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brainsax2.png)

The bitmap brains, of course, reinforce the "digital memories" theme. Playing volleyball with a wad of used bandages, the characters remind us that all material things are temporary and will, like our mortal selves, ultimately return to the earth. At the same time, they are bandages, reminding us that even our frail bodies and possessions can be healed, extending our limited existence. This powerful philosophical expression will ensure that people remember you when it comes time to preserve their precious documents.

G5Unit
Aug 9, 2006, 09:48 PM
How's this:

Lebowski
Aug 9, 2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks Lau...What I also have been thinking is a white apple of some sort with digital memories on top???

um, i dont think thats a good idea.

are you using all iLife apps for this i assume?

neut
Aug 9, 2006, 11:05 PM
free? how about stolen?

http://home.ngi.de/digitalmemories/press/Digital%20Memories%20DVD1%20364x520.jpg

:D

Aperture
Aug 9, 2006, 11:21 PM
Here is my try at the logo. It was compiled with a few suggestions above and an hour of work. Yes, I know. An hour.:)

TheSailerMan
Aug 10, 2006, 12:28 AM
Here ya go. I whipped this up in 10 minutes because I was bored. Nowhere near my best work, but it is 1:30 in the morning here (and I'm not a pro at this... Can you say Photoshop Elements 3 only? :o ).

I don't know if this is anything near what you were looking for, but you didn't give too many specifics on what you wanted.

I took the photo on this by the way. :D

EDIT: Wow, by complete coincidence, I used the same font schaef used... I was just looking for some script font, and Brush Script MT just happened to be the first one I found.

dornoforpyros
Aug 10, 2006, 12:47 AM
EDIT: Wow, by complete coincidence, I used the same font schaef used... I was just looking for some script font, and Brush Script MT just happened to be the first one I found.

I present exhibit A (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=192612)

LimeiBook86
Aug 10, 2006, 02:02 AM
Here's mine, I can't give it to you for free but, please make me an offer and I'll remove those ugly watermarks. :)

-Steve

sjpetry
Aug 10, 2006, 02:30 AM
HiRez you are right about the Jack Handy part. TheSailorMan's logo needs it.:D

"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face." ~DEEP THOUGHTS by: Jack Handy

macdon401
Aug 10, 2006, 03:24 AM
....sorry...i am going to get into trouble again, but these "logos" are pretty amatuerish aren't they....guess you can't expect too much for free and I think the people doing this fellow a favour should be commended, but thay look ,
well.... a bit lame. Lau....don't get ansy but your 's are very hard to read!
R

Mord
Aug 10, 2006, 03:32 AM
it's a pretty lame ass name for a company, and we're all doing these in like 5 mins.

iMeowbot
Aug 10, 2006, 03:35 AM
Lau....don't get ansy but your 's are very hard to read!
R
That's quite understandable, seeing that she didn't draw any of the logos posted in this thread. Nothing is always hard to read. It's a good idea to read the words accompanying the images.

Kardashian
Aug 10, 2006, 03:40 AM
....sorry...i am going to get into trouble again, but these "logos" are pretty amatuerish aren't they....guess you can't expect too much for free and I think the people doing this fellow a favour should be commended, but thay look ,
R

Sorry, I am going to get into trouble again - but these "logos" are pretty amateurish, aren't they? Guess you can't expect too much for free, and I think the people doing this fellow a favour should be commended, but they look, well.. a bit lame.

Lau, don't get angry, but your's are very hard to read.

R.

homerjward
Aug 10, 2006, 04:02 AM
Sorry, I am going to get into trouble again - but these "logos" are pretty amateurish, aren't they? Guess you can't expect too much for free, and I think the people doing this fellow a favour should be commended, but they look, well.. a bit lame.

Lau, don't get angry, but your's are very hard to read.

R.
If you're going to correct someone else's grammar, please ensure you don't make any errors while doing so.
Sorry; that's just one of my pet peeves--people who correct others but make errors when doing it.

sebisworld
Aug 10, 2006, 04:25 AM
Hey, how do you like this one. Took me quite a while to do, but I really do like the look of it. It's be cool if you could link to my page, cuz I'm thinking about starting a logo design business.

MacBoobsPro
Aug 10, 2006, 04:48 AM
Not sure if Im allowed to do this but check out my site
http://www.logolibrary.co.uk for logo ideas its what I made it for :D

Done in iWeb too!

iMeowbot
Aug 10, 2006, 05:27 AM
Hey, how do you like this one. Took me quite a while to do, but I really do like the look of it. It's be cool if you could link to my page, cuz I'm thinking about starting a logo design business.
But like, rainbows are, like, so 1996, like, you know? Reflections are where it's at.
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8853/discoballka6.png (http://imageshack.us)

Kardashian
Aug 10, 2006, 05:35 AM
But like, rainbows are, like, so 1996, like, you know? Reflections are where it's at.
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8853/discoballka6.png (http://imageshack.us)

LOVE it!

Kardashian
Aug 10, 2006, 05:36 AM
If you're going to correct someone else's grammar, please ensure you don't make any errors while doing so.
Sorry; that's just one of my pet peeves--people who correct others but make errors when doing it.

I wasn't trying to give an English lesson - I wanted to make the post understandable, without all the ...'s and missing letters.
Thank you for your interest in my reply, though. :)

mocman
Aug 10, 2006, 05:59 AM
Thanks to all and I reall like the one from IMeowbot......Could you post a link or something..Or send it another way......Thanks MC

Lau
Aug 10, 2006, 07:59 AM
Lau....don't get ansy but your 's are very hard to read!
R

macdon401, they're not mine, if you had actually read my post I said I attached mocman's logos. He had attached them in the post above as pdfs, and as I hate downloading stuff and then having to open it I made them jpegs and attached them for him.

I've edited my previous post to make this even more clear. I wouldn't design logos like that, nor would I do it for free.

Edit: Just realised iMeowbot pointed this out earlier too. Thanks. :)

TheSailerMan
Aug 10, 2006, 09:42 AM
HiRez you are right about the Jack Handy part. TheSailorMan's logo needs it.:D

"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face." ~DEEP THOUGHTS by: Jack Handy

Hey! I'm not exactly sure what is being said here... either my logo "needs it" because I said I'm not a pro at making logos, or...

Oh. after looking at HiRez's post again, I know what you mean. The logo doesn't look professional and I said that I'm not a pro. :rolleyes:

So with that, I present the "Jack Handy Edition" of my logo!

Oh, and it's TheSailerMan! With an "e!":mad:

I'm just kidding... I'm used to it by now, "Sailer" is my last name. It's actually German for "rope maker." :D

dornoforpyros
Aug 10, 2006, 10:15 AM
R

That's because skilled designers don't work for free, amateurs do, thus if some one has no money, they get amateurs. No need to apologize at all.

sjpetry
Aug 10, 2006, 02:14 PM
Hey! I'm not exactly sure what is being said here... either my logo "needs it" because I said I'm not a pro at making logos, or...

Oh. after looking at HiRez's post again, I know what you mean. The logo doesn't look professional and I said that I'm not a pro. :rolleyes:

So with that, I present the "Jack Handy Edition" of my logo!

Oh, and it's TheSailerMan! With an "e!":mad:

I'm just kidding... I'm used to it by now, "Sailer" is my last name. It's actually German for "rope maker." :D
Thanks not what I meant. Have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live skit entitled Deep Thoughts With Jack Handy? The intro would always have a picture with a sunset of a lake with a boat.

P.S. It was really late at night so I forgot it was an E and not an O in Sailer.

Joe2000
Aug 10, 2006, 03:48 PM
Size issues... Tried Flickr and Photobucket and gave up - already registered with Flickr and forgot all details so new registration is HELL. Photobucket is fine, apart from it wont let me upload A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G! So if you like it i'll happily e-mail it to you but what you see here is very low res... Yes! thats Apple Garamond - Love that font, i diddnt pay for it though so please dont use this logo. :o

TheSailerMan
Aug 10, 2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks not what I meant. Have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live skit entitled Deep Thoughts With Jack Handy? The intro would always have a picture with a sunset of a lake with a boat.

P.S. It was really late at night so I forgot it was an E and not an O in Sailer.

Ah. Now I see what you're talking about, and no, I've never seen that skit. I like SNL, but I'm usually not home when it airs or I just forget that it's on.

Oh, and I don't mind that you made the mistake with my name. Even my own uncle (on my mom's side of the family) gets it wrong sometimes. :rolleyes: I was just joking around.

Cocobolo
Aug 10, 2006, 04:12 PM
Size issues... Tried Flickr and Photobucket and gave up - already registered with Flickr and forgot all details so new registration is HELL. Photobucket is fine, apart from it wont let me upload A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G! So if you like it i'll happily e-mail it to you but what you see here is very low res... Yes! thats Apple Garamond - Love that font, i diddnt pay for it though so please dont use this logo. :o

...That typeface does give me digital memories. It's also the cleanest logo, and the most professional. Like other have mentioned, who cares about the logo, when the name is so forgettable. First choose a name that's going to really stand out and stick. Heck, Mocman's Memories is a better name; at least it causes me to stop and think.

LimeiBook86
Aug 10, 2006, 04:22 PM
Wait I'm confused...you wanted a logo or a logo with a slogan too? *back to drawing board* :p

Joe2000
Aug 10, 2006, 06:36 PM
...That typeface does give me digital memories. It's also the cleanest logo, and the most professional. Like other have mentioned, who cares about the logo, when the name is so forgettable. First choose a name that's going to really stand out and stick. Heck, Mocman's Memories is a better name; at least it causes me to stop and think.

Thanks, i'm 15 and I am fortunate to belong to a School thats classed as a "Technology College". What this means is, that my school has an actual "Graphics" department - and i am taking Graphics as a GCSE there. I am so fortunate that 2 of my 4 lessons a week are 2 hours long and spent on a 20" - yes 20" iMac G4 in Tiger (My Disc) with Adobe's CS Premium suite. Also my Dads a Graphic Designer so it all helps.

Thankyou for your feedback anyway - it is apreciated.

- Joe.

mocman
Aug 10, 2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks for all the Input some a little off track but oh well. As for the name I needed a name that would pertain to more than one project. It was either Digital Memories or Digital Memories by MC. I did not know this would cause a fuss like it has about the name.
But thanks for all the hard work.............MC

Lau
Aug 10, 2006, 08:50 PM
Like the lovely LimeiBook86, I'm also unwilling to work for free, but I'm also happy to take an offer for mine (as I couldn't resist having a go).

LimeiBook86
Aug 10, 2006, 11:39 PM
Like the lovely LimeiBook86, I'm also unwilling to work for free, but I'm also happy to take an offer for mine (as I couldn't resist having a go).
Oh nice one, I like it! :D :cool:

Sirus The Virus
Aug 11, 2006, 09:14 PM
You have got to be kidding. lol

ecwyatt
Aug 12, 2006, 10:27 AM
Honestly I don't know the why there were so many negative posts mocman simply asked for help.

Also for the people complaining about the name whats your deal. Remember the name of a company is not ment to appeal to people who can do similar services, its ment for the consumer. The name should reflect the nature of the company. Digital Memories does this.

"Oh No some one is asking for something free, Let me jump all over them and diss them actually trying to do something" Some of you need to get overselfs. You guys really give Designers a pompus arrogant name. Let me guys you think your designs are sound? you all have a perfect grasp of Design.

It's not uncommon to expect some one might ask for something to be free. Have you ever heard of Pro Bono lawyers do it all the time. Hopefully none of you are approched by a non-profit organization.

dornoforpyros
Aug 12, 2006, 11:36 AM
Honestly I don't know the why there were so many negative posts mocman simply asked for help.

Also for the people complaining about the name whats your deal. Remember the name of a company is not ment to appeal to people who can do similar services, its ment for the consumer. The name should reflect the nature of the company. Digital Memories does this.

"Oh No some one is asking for something free, Let me jump all over them and diss them actually trying to do something" Some of you need to get overselfs. You guys really give Designers a pompus arrogant name. Let me guys you think your designs are sound? you all have a perfect grasp of Design.

It's not uncommon to expect some one might ask for something to be free. Have you ever heard of Pro Bono lawyers do it all the time. Hopefully none of you are approched by a non-profit organization.

What do you do for a living? Would you think it's fair if one day some one you didn't know called you up and asked you to do it for free? You never see anyone post "come mow my lawn for free" or "my business needs an accountant, can you do it for free?"

Yes, occasionally a lawyer might help a neighbor or friends with some legal forms for free. And yes maybe an plumber friend will come fix a leaky pipe for a couple of beer. But in the real world people get paid for their work

So don't paint anyone as pompous for expecting payment for their skill, particularly when doing it for a business which I imagine charges for their services.

As for non-profits, you can still invoice them and they'll issue you a tax receipt as a donation.

ecwyatt
Aug 12, 2006, 04:49 PM
What do you do for a living?
I'm a Graphic and Web Designer / visual artist, you.

Would you think it's fair if one day some one you didn't know called you up and asked you to do it for free?

Not only do I not have a problem with it but on a regular basis If I like the determination or services a person offers I'll do the work for free. Especially if their serious about what there doing. I've done this for roughly 6 "clients" over the last 10 years resulting in on average 2-3 paying referrals from each one and them in return referring other clients. How long have you been doing this a couple years? 1-2? How many clients do you have? Try networking you'll get more clients and word of mouth traffic.

Let me guess you've never asked for FREE tech support answere maybe a question about your Mac or visited a site to download FREE third party software like a dashboard widget? Some-people are hypocritical they want free stuff all the time but you better pay for a logo.

Yes, occasionally a lawyer might help a neighbor or friends with some legal forms for free. And yes maybe an plumber friend will come fix a leaky pipe for a couple of beer. But in the real world people get paid for their work
Are you saying Lawyers are not living in the real world? Next time try to not contradict yourself in your own post.

Vidd
Aug 12, 2006, 05:03 PM
Just out of interest, is this your company's site?:
http://www.digitalmemoriesonline.net/

Cocobolo
Aug 12, 2006, 06:11 PM

What's my deal? I'm just trying to give mocman an honest opinion. He asked for a logo that really caught people's attention, and I thought that his energies might be better spent coming up with truly eye-catching name. I'm not trying to make mocman feel bad- I sincerely hope his business succeeds. If he wants to stick with Digital Memories that's cool; they're many worse names.

As we all know, these forums are places we go for unique viewpoints. When I have a crappy idea, I can't always rely on friends or coworkers to be honest with me, but I always know that some jerk is going to rip that idea to shreds in a forum. Even though I might get annoyed, usually I appreciate the honesty (though it doesn't mean that guy is any less of a jerk).

So to clarify, I love everyone is this forum and wish we just could have one big group hug right now.

dornoforpyros
Aug 12, 2006, 07:10 PM
Not only do I not have a problem with it but on a regular basis If I like the determination or services a person offers I'll do the work for free. Especially if their serious about what there doing. I've done this for roughly 6 "clients" over the last 10 years resulting in on average 2-3 paying referrals from each one and them in return referring other clients. How long have you been doing this a couple years? 1-2? How many clients do you have? Try networking you'll get more clients and word of mouth traffic.

Alright then, if you enjoy doing work for free that's your business, but your in the minority. As stated before, this guy wants a logo for his business, his services aren't free, neither are mine nor the majority of other designers out there.

But hey, designers are a dime-a-doze now a days and you gotta do what you need to get buy I guess, if taking an occasional free job does it for you so be it. Next time you fill up you car with gas why not tell the guy that instead of you paying for the gas you'll refer 2-3 friends that will? :rolleyes:

iGary
Aug 12, 2006, 07:13 PM
As we all know, these forums are places we go for unique viewpoints. When I have a crappy idea, I can't always rely on friends or coworkers to be honest with me, but I always know that some jerk is going to rip that idea to shreds in a forum. Even though I might get annoyed, usually I appreciate the honesty (though it doesn't mean that guy is any less of a jerk).

One of the best posts here, ever.

Blue Velvet
Aug 12, 2006, 07:19 PM
I have occasionally done work for free. For registered charities and for friends (particularly wedding invitations)... not individuals or small groups involved in commercial activities.

To me, there's a clear line between the two.

ATD
Aug 12, 2006, 07:49 PM
I have occasionally done work for free. For registered charities and for friends (particularly wedding invitations)... not individuals or small groups involved in commercial activities.

To me, there's a clear line between the two.

Same here. A simply and polite no is all that's needed. I have been asked to do work for free or at stupid prices for profit companies. I will be polite and say no. On a number of occasions I have had the very same people come back willing to paid what it's worth. Some people want everything for nothing, I don't want their business. Others don't know the value of good design at first. They will pay next to nothing to get something done then realize they made a big mistake. We all make that mistake from time to time.

mocman
Aug 13, 2006, 06:16 AM
WOW this is getting a little ridiculous.
First off I just wanted some direction in the logo department and figured since I come to macrumors is was a no brainer. I never stated that I was a logo designer. All I expected were a few ideas to point me in the right direction. I am not beyond asking for a little help when needed.
Second alot of people seem to be bashing the name of my business the key word is MY! I could care less on what anyone thinks about my name. Who would have thought google was a great name.
It seems that alot of you people just get on here and seem to bash everyone that you reply too.
Thanks again for all you guys that helped me out..................MC

AND WHO STATED THIS WAS TO BE FREE? I STILL HAVE NOT FOUND THAT WORDING?????

Maxiseller
Aug 13, 2006, 09:43 AM

Not starting any issues here but I have to say I entirely agree with dornoforpyros.

I face this issue a LOT as a composer. The problem is this: People expect you to work for free. I don't mind working if there is something in it for me...but to be expected to work for love alone is taking the biscuit if you ask me.

If everybody worked for free, the only result is that nobody gets paid - everybody under-cuts everybody else...what a result! We all go bankrupt. Creativity demands recompension - and if you don't like it, don't ask.

I decided a long time ago to always ask for demo fees - and get something for me. Why? When you're several rungs up the ladder and clients demand that you work for free, you're going to wonder why on earth you went into the business in the first place. Not to mention the professional societies that aren't going to welcome you with open arms when they learn you've been undercutting the entire industry.

Plymouthbreezer
Aug 13, 2006, 10:34 AM
If I had more free time, I might see what I come up with...

Here's a some of my stuff:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/300hemic/B.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/300hemic/BurncoatDanceFinalsmall.jpg

I have a few ideas. If the above look like something (style wise) you might like, let me know.

But summer reading for AP blows.

mocman
Aug 14, 2006, 11:40 AM
ECWYATT.....I have sent you a message.......Thanks MC

macdon401
Aug 14, 2006, 09:18 PM
....man this thread will just not go away..... PLEASE....go to this site.... all of you Designers and wanna be Designers...it is very good!
R
http://www.no-spec.com/

ATD
Aug 14, 2006, 10:10 PM
I don't want to beat this post to death but I found this amusing (I not tying to give mocman a hard time). It's not just small start up companies on shoestring budgets that looks for deals. About a year ago myself and a partner of mine got approached by a Fortune 500 company (over 50 billion in assets), they wanted us to design a logo for a new large international company/division. They said that they wanted us plus a few other design firms to compete to see who could come up with the best logo. No one was going to get paid for this, not even the winner. The winner had a promise of some future work (suuurrre, I've heard that one before). At one point in the pitch they reminded us they were just a "start up company". After laughing about this for a very very long time we told them where to go.

shecky
Aug 14, 2006, 10:28 PM
Second alot of people seem to be bashing the name of my business the key word is MY! I could care less on what anyone thinks about my name.

unless you plan on being your only customer you should care very much what people think of your company's name.

and since i can not think of any way to say this in a nice way, and i really am not trying to be rude or disrespectful of anyone, but i will just say it: the kind of work shown in this thread is not approaching being competition for those of us who are professional designers. in fact, i think its good that there is so much enthusiasm for helping out the original poster, because as design gets more and more popular and is in the mindset of everyday people as something that is good, then the more value is placed on truly exceptional design. people get very scared of the whole DIY movement but it does not bother me in the least. i think its helps those of us who are professionals and not strugging to do $100 letterheads for our friend's mothers, etc. Like ATD alluded to, real design work costs real money, and the kind of client that does not want to pay is not a client you want. my experience has always been that the less the client pays the more of a pain in the *ss the client is.

and "pro bono" does not mean "free." pro bono means "for the common good". so something you do free for a friend is not "pro bono" its just you not getting paid for your time. doing soemthing for a charity, for a public organization, etc... is pro bono.

beatsme
Aug 14, 2006, 10:57 PM
the kind of work shown in this thread is not approaching being competition for those of us who are professional designers.

and how...I'm not Pablo Picasso or Tibor Kalman (not even close), but this stuff isn't too good...

mocman
Aug 16, 2006, 03:23 PM
ECWYATT......That will be fine in Illustrator format as I have that and photoshop..THANKS

iMeowbot
Aug 16, 2006, 03:33 PM
and how...I'm not Pablo Picasso or Tibor Kalman (not even close), but this stuff isn't too good...
You're just jealous because you didn't think of brains playing bandageball first. :D

ATD
Aug 16, 2006, 04:24 PM
You're just jealous because you didn't think of brains playing bandageball first. :D

I was quite jealous myself, I didn't post anything because how can you top brains playing bandageball. ;)

maetra!
Aug 27, 2006, 10:43 AM
Good for Free, :), Just Kidding, Sorry!, :) i'm i new user in here, hi all!

ITASOR
Aug 27, 2006, 11:14 AM

You're going to start a logo design business using Microsoft's WordArt? :eek:

Jasonbot
Aug 27, 2006, 12:58 PM
Prepare for awesomeness:

BTW, how much d'you think a logo like this will go for?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3299/eye1copyiq2.png

ANother Design:
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1281/eye3za1.png

ejb190
Aug 27, 2006, 03:08 PM
Prepare for awesomeness:
BTW, how much d'you think a logo like this will go for?
ANother Design:

Not much. Run your pretty logos in a photocopier and see what you end up with...

ChicoWeb
Aug 27, 2006, 05:14 PM
Great thread!

As a designer or in any trade, people are asking you for free work or trade. I think it's pretty funny sometimes though what they expect.

You get what you pay for.
Nike paid 30 bucks for their logo. :D

Jasonbot
Sep 2, 2006, 02:50 PM
I thought it rocked:D
But I understand, you want a logo not an awesome graphic!

vectormasked
Sep 4, 2006, 01:33 AM
A free logo huh?

This is why a lot people still don't really respect us (designers) and think they get work for free.

If you want a logo and are willing to pay cash for it, I can do it.

Now, do you really need a brand or logo or just some random graphic like what people posted? If you liked some of the stuff people already posted, then I'd suggest you to try doing it by yourself. Just make sure the logo is done at 300dpi and that it has no background colour, so that you can actually print it.

GoCubsGo
Sep 4, 2006, 01:46 AM
WOW this is getting a little ridiculous.
First off I just wanted some direction in the logo department and figured since I come to macrumors is was a no brainer. I never stated that I was a logo designer. All I expected were a few ideas to point me in the right direction. I am not beyond asking for a little help when needed.
Second alot of people seem to be bashing the name of my business the key word is MY! I could care less on what anyone thinks about my name. Who would have thought google was a great name.
It seems that alot of you people just get on here and seem to bash everyone that you reply too.
Thanks again for all you guys that helped me out..................MC

AND WHO STATED THIS WAS TO BE FREE? I STILL HAVE NOT FOUND THAT WORDING?????

I think by the lack of "I can pay you...I have money....I'd like to hire" verbiage in the original post, people assumed this was for free. Now, to hopefully add to the argument about free work and real designers don't work for free...emerging designers have been known to work for free for purposes of beefing up their portfolio. If the company takes off then you can say you did the logo for that company. Sometimes what you do for free for your portfolio is a gateway to paying jobs that you otherwise would not get without a portfolio. In the world of photography, this is called prints for time. ;)

faustfire
Sep 4, 2006, 03:41 AM
Who would have thought google was a great name.

Google is actually the perfect name for a search engine. A google by definition is a large number, a one with a thousand zeros after it.

faustfire
Sep 4, 2006, 04:21 AM
You're going to start a logo design business using Microsoft's WordArt? :eek:

Took the words right out of my mouth.