Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
So... Justin Long, aka the Mac Guy from the Apple commercials, was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno the other night, immediately following Senator John McCain.

Justin does some pretty good impressions, including Matt Dillon and Michael J. Fox... but the funniest part was hearing him talk about computers. He talked about how people are "always asking me whether I should press CTRL + ALT + DEL" (his response: "Er, I don't know"... their retort: "Ha! Seriously, what should I do?"), how he doesn't know ANYTHING about computers, and how he prefers an abacus (I think that last part was in jest).

He also said he doesn't really care about PC vs. Mac... he said he's Switzerland when it comes to computers.

I am forced to wonder if Steve Jobs will force Justin to undergo some remedial Macintosh training before the next round of commercials. ;)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Why people expect that celebrities (even D-list ones) who promote or endorse products will know anything about them, let alone use them on a regular basis, is beyond me. Especially anything technical. :rolleyes:

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
emw said:
Why people expect that celebrities (even D-list ones) who promote or endorse products will know anything about them, let alone use them on a regular basis, is beyond me. Especially anything technical. :rolleyes:

Ha, reminds me of the original Mac team giving one to Mick Jagger. (search folklore.org for the story).

But there are exceptions, like Jeff Goldblum, who was (is?) a Mac fanatic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.