PDA

View Full Version : PLENTY of 17PB specs...

Chuck
Mar 17, 2003, 04:14 AM
MacMinute reports that Apple has released its developer note for the PB17 here:
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/hardware/Developer_Notes/Macintosh_CPUs-G4/PowerBookG4_17inch/index.html.

Have a look - There's plenty to read...

Chuck.

Heart Break Kid
Mar 17, 2003, 07:33 AM
if the matrix were about us waiting for these powerbooks

can ya hear that patience?
that is the sound of inevitability. It is the sound of my powerbook comin. goodbye patience.

dstorey
Mar 17, 2003, 09:17 AM
I don't have a mac yet so may be overlooking the obvious but why on this document does the keyboard have windoze and explore keys where the apple and enter key is in alterative mode.

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/hardware/Developer_Notes/Macintosh_CPUs-G4/PowerBookG4_17inch/art/ori07.gif

is it just for people that buy virtual pc or something more possibly, maybe cause apple may add windows emultation in os x at a later date.... its not something i'd expect apple to highlight on one of its docs. Maybe i'm just reading too much into it

TEG
Mar 17, 2003, 10:32 AM
You are correct, its strange to have those keys appear, however, it does appear to be for VPC or perhaps and Apple Branded PC compatability Program... One will just have to wait to see.

TEG

dstorey
Mar 17, 2003, 12:49 PM
I'd like to see that when the evil m$ longhorn is released (on non compatible hardware so users have to switch even if they stay m$) that apple will have a fast emulator ready so users can switch to the non evil OS X and still run their win apps, which they wont be able to do on longhorn (of if they can it will be emulation anyway the same as Apple). I hope thats the case because once people switch to longhorn and can only access their files through .net on subscription (and they arn't files, they are records in a sql server dbms) then there is no going back cause all their business data will be on .net and there will be no (easy at least) way of transfering the data to open source or mac and there will be no compatibility between the platforms, effectivly giving a death blow to all the non m$ alternatives. M$ suck so much i'm sure ol' billy's business model is to copy OCP, lets just hope Steve Jobs is our robocop ;-)