PDA

View Full Version : Apple Cinema displays

Ashwellz
Mar 17, 2003, 07:42 AM
Want to get an Apple Cinema display, but with Apple droppin prices i'm worried that they are to be superceded. I know theres a 30inch model on the way which am very interested in but is this all?, does anyone know anything else??

hanumang
Mar 17, 2003, 08:48 AM
Well, considering the 20 inch debuted only 6-7 weeks ago, it's not about to be superseceded anytime soon.

Though I'm (wildly) guessing that the 17 & the 23 inch are going to be discontinued. The 30 inch will most likely replace the 23. Not sure what, if anything, will replace the 17.

Mr. Anderson
Mar 17, 2003, 08:55 AM
I don't think they'll get rid of the 17", they might make a wide screen version 17", but there is no way the 20" would ever be the low end.

If the 30" comes out, they'll end up with 4 LCD Monitors in the line.

D

Foxer
Mar 17, 2003, 09:02 AM
I hope they keep the 23, or something quite like it. I love mine, and would hate anything smaller, but there is no way I'm going to buy a 30-inch screen for my computer. That's just excessive.

Bear
Mar 17, 2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ashwellz
Want to get an Apple Cinema display, but with Apple droppin prices i'm worried that they are to be superceded. I know theres a 30inch model on the way which am very interested in but is this all?, does anyone know anything else??
Apple dropped the prices and introduced the 20" Display at the same time.

The prices for all 3 are very fair prices now. I doubt they are going to be superceded soon. And even if the 30" does come out sometime soon, it's going to be more expensive then the 23".

The 23" display won't be dropped when the 30" is announced (if it ever is).

As for replacement versions at the same size? That could happen at any time, but probably won't happen for several months.

Just buy the display and don't worry about it. By the time anything new comes out, you will have had several months of use of your display. And who knows, you might not even want whatever the new display is.