Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kopanda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
hi, i saw a few people posted about this, but i couldn`t find any real answers, so i`m asking again. sorry.

i have some mpg videos (mostly from vcds) and when i use itunes to convert them for ipod, i always get a picture but no sound.

why is that and how do i solve this?

(of course i have mac the ripper and handbrake, but don`t have money to buy or download other non-free programmes)

Crimson Raccoon

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2006
same here

I'm having the same problem with my new ipod, if anyone can give an answer I'd really appreciate it.

I'm using a PC, and when I load a video into iTunes and choose "convert selection for iPod," the resulting file will have no sound, both in iTunes and on the iPod. I've done this for several videos from various sources, most of them downloaded off the internet, and all of them have a fine picture an no sound.

Help us please!

prats7uf

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2006
Same problem

Same problem here as well. Would be great if someone can help on this.

Itunes converts the video collection. Picture quality great but no sound :(

kopanda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
isquint!

i downloaded isquint! it`s great! works perfect all the time, and good sense of humour too!

simonthewolf

macrumors member
May 24, 2006
Milton Keynes, UK
Unfortunately QuickTime doesn't handle muxed mpeg files very well, and on conversion usually leaves the audio behind. ffmpegX is much better, but the surest method is to demux the video and audio streams first. ffmpegX can do this for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.