PDA

View Full Version : Next event for Apple?

KLJennings
Aug 15, 2006, 05:43 PM
What is the next event for Apple? Mac World? I can't remember.

WildCowboy
Aug 15, 2006, 05:46 PM
Apple Expo Paris...September 12-16.

KLJennings
Aug 15, 2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks! How about after that? Like from now until Leopard in February?

WildCowboy
Aug 15, 2006, 06:00 PM
The next major one after that is likely to be MacWorld San Francisco, January 8-12...they could announce a Leopard shipping date there if it's close enough to completion.

And Apple has been known to invite the press to "special events" for new releases as well. These can occur almost anytime on little notice (the rumor sites usually pick up on them about a week in advance).

Caitlyn
Aug 15, 2006, 06:25 PM
Hey that's pretty soon. Too bad I can't justify buying either a Mac or iPod at the moment. ;)

7on
Aug 16, 2006, 08:29 AM
The next major one after that is likely to be MacWorld San Francisco, January 8-12...they could announce a Leopard shipping date there if it's close enough to completion.

And Apple has been known to invite the press to "special events" for new releases as well. These can occur almost anytime on little notice (the rumor sites usually pick up on them about a week in advance).

Or they could pull a Macbook and just update their website with no announcement.

kristiano
Aug 17, 2006, 07:48 PM
Hey that's pretty soon. Too bad I can't justify buying either a Mac or iPod at the moment. ;)

Didn't you just get a MacBook?

I'd like to see price drop/ speed bumps in the MacBooks :D