PDA

View Full Version : Come on Apple, new iPods please...

bignumbers
Mar 19, 2003, 03:01 PM
This is just a way to vent. No responses are necessary.

Come on Apple, announce the new iPods already!

I'm a developer and get 20% off one purchase per year. I'm ready to buy a dual 1.42, but also want a new iPod. We all know new iPods are coming. If I buy an iPod with the Mac, I get the iPod for 20% off too, so I'm waiting until they release the iPod before dropping the cash.

Arghhhhhhh.

(And now that I think about it, with this damned war coming [no matter what you think of it] new announcements are very unlikely for a while. Double-Arghhhhhhh!!!!!!!)

fivelittlefish
Mar 20, 2003, 08:00 AM
'(And now that I think about it, with this damned war coming [no matter what you think of it] new announcements are very unlikely for a while. Double-Arghhhhhhh!!!!!!!)"

Yes, not to mention all the people who will be killed, made homeless, maimed etc etc.

No new announcements seems a little unimportant?

Foxer
Mar 20, 2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by fivelittlefish

Yes, not to mention all the people who will be killed, made homeless, maimed etc etc.

..and all those pesky, newly-liberated Iraqis will probably want to buy iPods when it's over, further complicating Apple's ability to ship in a timely manner.

Twenty-four million damn, newly freed Iraqis. They don't REALLY want fredom, you know...

HasanDaddy
Mar 20, 2003, 09:16 AM
bignumbers ---

you don't have to buy the iPod with the computer, accompanying the dev discount

I bought my iPod seperately under the discount --- so splurge on the 1.42 duals....and buy the iPod later ;)

KingArthur
Mar 20, 2003, 03:57 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if this iPod update was all that had been planned by Apple, but someone thought it was also going to be new iPod. Just a random thought about the whole thing.

synthetickittie
Mar 20, 2003, 04:38 PM
it now officaly been a week since I ordered a 10gb ipod and it has yet to ship.. I have no clue whats up and I got an e-mail from apple yesterday just saying they were sorry but it would not ship on time and it is now estamated at on or before the the 24th (monday)

bignumbers
Mar 23, 2003, 07:11 AM
'(And now that I think about it, with this damned war coming [no matter what you think of it] new announcements are very unlikely for a while. Double-Arghhhhhhh!!!!!!!)"

Just trying to keep politics out of this discussion. There's plenty of room for that elsewhere.

melchior
Mar 23, 2003, 07:44 AM
new ipod's this tuesday!!!!!! maybe......

Alte22a
Mar 23, 2003, 08:33 AM
New ipods this Tuesday but they wont ship them till the Summer.:D due to manufacturing problems with implementing the new colour display. :rolleyes:

Flowbee
Mar 23, 2003, 09:46 AM
What's wrong with the current iPod? No one's even sure what features the "new" iPod will actually have.

melchior
Mar 23, 2003, 10:14 AM
it will maybe be cheaper, and if not cheaper, better value. that simple. gotta be stupid to buy a product at the end of it's life-cycle

cubist
Mar 23, 2003, 11:20 AM
Is it really the end of the iPod as we know it? Apple didn't stop making QuickTakes until other people were making better cameras at lower prices. It took quite a while. I haven't seen any compelling third-party products as nice as the iPod yet, have you? (as much storage, as easy to use)

bignumbers
Mar 23, 2003, 05:02 PM
At a minimum, new iPods will have larger drives. That's just a basic incremental upgrade. Everyone knows that's coming, along with Apple's new music download service.

I'd love an iPod with a color screen, along with an adapter for CF/SM/etc media cards to get photos in. Eventually the color screen will happen, although I'm not sure that'll happen now. If Apple would open up the iPod OS then someone could make a CF adapter, which I'd love.

I really do want the larger HD. I have 19GB of music now, and I'm sure I'll go over 20GB very soon. I also like to keep 5-10GB free for occasional file storage. So a 40GB iPod is right up my alley.

iJon
Mar 23, 2003, 05:20 PM

haha that was a good life. we are talking about ipods and your still stuck on the war. there is like 50 milion threads on that stuff, go there while we talk about ipods.

iJon

vanillamike
Mar 23, 2003, 08:37 PM
So it's this Tuesday right?

Sad how this joke is not funny anymore, its kind of a groaner now (in pain). The money I saved up is burning a hole in my pocket.

I asked this in another iPod thread that tanked, but i was wondering has anyone heard any more news on the iTunes / music service releases? Seems awfully quiet for there to be a huge music service on the horizon.

Mike

bignumbers
Mar 23, 2003, 08:52 PM
I think Apple should just release any iPod update they can on Tuesday just to shut us up. Throw on a new game or something.

SoonToGetAMac
Mar 23, 2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by bignumbers

I really do want the larger HD. I have 19GB of music now, and I'm sure I'll go over 20GB very soon. I also like to keep 5-10GB free for occasional file storage. So a 40GB iPod is right up my alley.

If you have 19GB, the 20GB isn't enough because the 20GB is before formatting the iPod's HD.