Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paddywack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
This is the first time I have visited a forum so please excuse me if I inadvertantly break any rules.
I have recently got a 60GB Video Ipod and have successfully transferred over many of my CDS via PC. Flushed with success I decided to proceed to download some DVDs. I have paid (shows I am anovice) for PQD DVD to I-Pod and have manged to "record" and transfer some DVDs to the I Tunes Library.
My problem now, is gettng them on to the I-Pod. I know that it can do a total update by simply plugging it to the PC with the appropriate instructions put into i-tunes, however I cannot now find any reference to Video when the I-pod is plugged in. The "preferrences" refer Music, Podcasts, Contacts and Calendar. I am sure there also used to be somewhere where I could check a box to update all videos, again this seems to have disappeared.
I have also checked the box for manual updates and tried to drag and drop. The file drags but refuses to drop over the appropriate place in my i-pod. I have considered resetting the i-pod, but this seems a bit drastic as I will have to download all the cd tracks again.
I think if I can at least get the "video" references to show in i-tunes again I should be able to do a full all file update which will at least get the video files in the i-tunes library on to the the i-pod.
Sorry to be so long winded.....but can anyone help ? Thx in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.