Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
With this new release of bootcamp, Do I have to burn a new drivers cd, re-partition, then re install windows? I wonder because windows can only be registered/activated a limited number of times, and if you have regestered/activated it one too many, the copy will deactivate in 30 days after it was installed. Does anyone know? Or have a certian answer?
thanks.
-dsm

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
SamIchi said:
You know there's a huge thread about this in this forum...

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/225066/
I am totally aware. But I have a specific question, and my history with asking about a question in a general thread doesnt turn out well. Therefore I started my own thread. SO, back to my thread, does anyone know if I can just burn a new drivers cd and update the drivers that are currently installed? Thanks.
-dsm

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
DMPDX said:
I am totally aware. But I have a specific question, and my history with asking about a question in a general thread doesnt turn out well. Therefore I started my own thread. SO, back to my thread, does anyone know if I can just burn a new drivers cd and update the drivers that are currently installed? Thanks.
-dsm

Well the question was already answered in that thread, that's why I linked you.

Yes you can just update the drivers. No need to install again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.