Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
And here I thought we were in for a real Gary rant.

It is pretty hideous.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
rdowns said:
And here I thought we were in for a real Gary rant.

It is pretty hideous.

I'm too tired to rant - been doing stupid research on sites like this all day. :rolleyes:

*looks for vodka and Xanax*

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
I suppose the idea in itself, a hierarchical tree of subjects isn't too bad, but the execution isn't very good, first of all because of the strange locations of the root and second level views and second because it's not done in a consistent manner. One link in the second level view brought me out the frames without any warning. It's not very pretty either. :eek:

Javadocs are built up in the same way. It doesn't look very pretty there either, but for javadocs case it serves a purpose and it's a lot easier to navigate and use with the frames than without.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Hey!

Let's not be so rough on this page.

I'm sure the designer put in at least 2 sessions a week down at the learning annex to get their web design skills. Let's show some respect for the professionals out there making a living :p

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Hideous, but I'm not tearing out my hair.

Now if it had background music, falling snowflakes, random flash animations, horizontal scrolling, yellow font on a white background...

Benjamin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2003
Portland, OR
it isn't that bad, it could have sound, flash, gif, unsized images and javascript popups plus an even worse color scheme and different font sizes and styles. The layout yes is horrible and should be three column but honestly it isn't the worst ive seen. however to answer the original question, yes annoying. :eek:

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Someone needs to send them a link to csszengarden.com for some formatting tips. I just discovered this site and wow is it cool.

This one, though, is hideous and confusing.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Barf!
sick0021.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.