PDA

View Full Version : Apple my space layouts?

herbcheck
Aug 16, 2006, 08:24 PM
ne1 know where i can get some sweet macintosh /apple designs for myspace?

iGary
Aug 16, 2006, 08:26 PM
You shouldn't use myspace and Apple in the same sentence.

mikemodena
Aug 16, 2006, 08:44 PM

LOL

I googled it once, but there was only one horrible one. Your best bet is to make your own.

sjpetry
Aug 16, 2006, 08:50 PM
For some reason that made me think of this.

CoMpX
Aug 16, 2006, 08:53 PM

Why does everyone hate MySpace so much? If you're a teen who is smart enough not to meet a "19 year old model" behind the local ShopRite, it's a great tool keep in touch with friends.

sjpetry
Aug 16, 2006, 08:55 PM
Why does everyone hate MySpace so much? If you're a teen who is smart enough not to meet a "19 year old model" behind the local ShopRite, it's a great tool keep in touch with friends.
Survival of the fittest.;)

EricNau
Aug 16, 2006, 08:58 PM
I hate it because every page on there looks like it was designed by a 3 year old with bad taste.

Aperture
Aug 16, 2006, 09:01 PM
I hate it because every page on there looks like it was designed by a 3 year old with bad taste.

Yeah.. I agree.

CoMpX
Aug 16, 2006, 09:11 PM

Wouldn't a three-year-old naturally have bad taste? :p

aaron.lee2006
Aug 31, 2006, 03:36 PM
A lot of those my space layout designs have stolen artwork in them. I hve seen reports on layout people that have ripped art right off of a website and put it in their design. After readin the about page it turned out he was taking all the credit for the work. I wouldn't use any myspace layout because of that.

nateco
Sep 5, 2006, 11:33 AM

Mine isn't so terrible.....done with one of those myspace tools in a bout 5 seconds.

mind you......I have no design skills at all.

www.myspace.com/slowdeathshakedown

Silencio
Sep 5, 2006, 12:45 PM

My eyes! My eyes! Blinded by all that bright orangey red! :p

Props for having The Jam in your list of friends, though -- still one of my favorite bands.

skoker
Sep 5, 2006, 01:32 PM
ne1 know where i can get some sweet macintosh /apple designs for myspace?

ne1 know how to use the word anyone?

dornoforpyros
Sep 5, 2006, 01:52 PM
something about having both a song and a music video start playing at the same time has me convinced that 90% of myspace users are dumber than a sack of hammers.

why would anyone thing it's a good idea to have 2 songs playing at the same time?

bousozoku
Sep 5, 2006, 02:18 PM
something about having both a song and a music video start playing at the same time has me convinced that 90% of myspace users are dumber than a sack of hammers.

why would anyone thing it's a good idea to have 2 songs playing at the same time?

No one would, but most people struggle to put things on the page. They're not going to get them to work correctly, also.

Some of the early pages of Filipinos were interesting with a song per comment and with 50 comments displayed on a page and all of the songs playing at the same time, it's a wonder the browser didn't break.

Foxglove9
Sep 5, 2006, 02:54 PM
I personally waste many hours on Myspace, but yeah there's an awful lot of horribly designed web pages out there. I just keep mine simple and plain, don't really care.

Myspace hatred is like AOL of last decade ..or should I say AOHell :rolleyes:

Nathan: Nice job, I can actually read your text, and it doesn't crash my browser. Congrats!

Shadow
Sep 5, 2006, 03:08 PM
Mine isn't so terrible.....done with one of those myspace tools in a bout 5 seconds.

Well actually...that is pretty bad. Not the worst mind, but its up there.

ChicoWeb
Sep 5, 2006, 10:13 PM
I've got 2 clients who pay me to design their myspace. It's a great marketing tool if it's used correctly.

speakerwizard
Sep 6, 2006, 05:01 AM
not to mention it doesnt work in safari properly

Dunepilot
Sep 6, 2006, 05:32 AM
The thing about Myspace is that it's so helpful if you're in a band. People don't even bother looking at bands' websites anymore because myspace does it all in a nutshell. However, you do also get teenagers putting together the most godawful pages imaginable with horrid transparency effects going on, bad animated gifs reading 'just dropped by to say hi' and, as people have mentioned, embedded flash video *and* music going on together.

It's an html moron's playground.

notjustjay
Sep 6, 2006, 08:36 AM
Do kids in the States use Piczo much? Around here it's what all the kids seem to use, even more so than MySpace, and those sites are even more horrible. :eek:

jive
Sep 6, 2006, 08:58 AM
I've enver put videos AND music on my myspace. And personally, I like mine

www.myspace.com/fpjive

p0intblank
Sep 6, 2006, 09:26 AM
I'm not afraid to admit that I am a MySpace addict. :p Like someone else said, why dis it so much? I understand where you're coming from with the bad designs... and believe me, I've seen some horrible layouts. I like MySpace for its communication and meeting new people. Check mine out:

www.myspace.com/insanelygreat

It's not that bad. :)

thworple
Sep 6, 2006, 09:32 AM
I quite like MySpace - primarily for the fact that its hooked myself and my girlfriend back up with old friends we'd lost touch with.

I admit a lot of people's profiles on there are quite horrible, but I guess the whole point is that its meant to convey certain things about people's personalities.

for what its worth, here's mine (http://myspace.com/thworple)

Foxglove9
Sep 6, 2006, 10:08 AM
Do kids in the States use Piczo much? Around here it's what all the kids seem to use, even more so than MySpace, and those sites are even more horrible. :eek:

I'm not so much a kid but everyone I do know in their late teens or 20's, all use Myspace and nothing else. I have 3 friends who are teachers in Elementary School and Junior High and they say all the kids talk about Myspace all the time.

On that note, here's my ultra lame myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/foxglove9

BurtonCCC
Sep 6, 2006, 10:31 AM
It's an html moron's playground.
Bingo.

Daniel.

GeorgeTheMonkey
Sep 6, 2006, 10:43 AM
Folks, lets just face it: MySpace is the Comic Sans of the online universe. If you don't know why this is Bad™, then there is simply no hope for you.

The only really fun thing about it is seeing how well you can hack & corral (http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2006/04/hacking-myspace-layouts) the stubborn, stupid MySpace layout into something decently nice-looking, thanks to a nice hack by Mike Industries (http://www.mikeindustries.com).

A very sensible, Apple-friendly networking alternative, on the otherhand, is simply Facebook (http://www.facebook.com). From it's crisp, clean design to all of its AJAX-y goodness.... aah, wonderful.

iminimac
Sep 6, 2006, 10:53 AM
well im also a myspace addict
i designed my myspace in photoshop and i took me a while to make
but im really pleased with it
a thing there might be the odd tecnichal problem with it in IE though but i havent checked yet.

http://www.myspace.com/imthevoiceinsideyourhead

Josh
Sep 6, 2006, 11:20 AM
I made an OS X-themed myspace layout a while back.

Got bored of it though, and went with something "less-custom."

Basicaly...if you make your own layouts, you will get hammered with requests and questions "how do i...? my friends sisters page does this thing where...can i...?"

It got old.

dizastor
Sep 6, 2006, 12:13 PM
I think the key to myspace is minimalist layout.

My biggest gripe with myspace is the fact that you have to do "deep dive" css (body table table table table td img) instead of having classes on everything. I suspect that would lead to some better looking pages and MySpace has a reputation to uphold.

http://www.myspace.com/dizastor

edit: iminimac I think you win. Very clean, very nice.

notjustjay
Sep 6, 2006, 07:40 PM
I'm not so much a kid but everyone I do know in their late teens or 20's, all use Myspace and nothing else. I have 3 friends who are teachers in Elementary School and Junior High and they say all the kids talk about Myspace all the time.

Yeah. I'm in my late 20's and I noticed a number of teens and 20's using it. I had it for a while, but then I realized that it was kinda lame and I removed my account.

When I say kids, though, I really do mean kids, like 13-16 years old. I work with kids at summer camp and it seems like this is all they use and talk about. I suppose it could either be regional culture or simply the fact that once someone starts using one of these networking sites, everyone does so they can all link to each other. Going by the sites I have seen, it seems like many jr high kids in our area are hooked up on Piczo.

I'm curious as to whether they will systematically abandon Piczo in favor of Myspace, or whether something cooler comes along...

Macnoviz
Sep 7, 2006, 03:34 AM

obviously...

no offense (well, maybe a little)

Dunepilot
Sep 7, 2006, 06:52 AM
Folks, lets just face it: MySpace is the Comic Sans of the online universe. If you don't know why this is Bad™, then there is simply no hope for you.

The only really fun thing about it is seeing how well you can hack & corral (http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2006/04/hacking-myspace-layouts) the stubborn, stupid MySpace layout into something decently nice-looking, thanks to a nice hack by Mike Industries (http://www.mikeindustries.com).

A very sensible, Apple-friendly networking alternative, on the otherhand, is simply Facebook (http://www.facebook.com). From it's crisp, clean design to all of its AJAX-y goodness.... aah, wonderful.

Good post. I've noticed that (in the UK, at least) MySpace seems to be used by anyone in their teens or anyone who's into 'alternative' music, whereas Facebook seems to be very much the preserve of university students.

Mammoth
Sep 7, 2006, 11:02 PM
Add the very common chatspeak and you have a digital slum.

tobefirst
Oct 17, 2006, 10:38 AM
I don't know if this got posted anywhere else, but you can now get Apple myspace layouts that are designed around the new nanos. I can't see them, 'cause I'm at work, but here they are for those who are curious:

www.myspace.com/pinknano
www.myspace.com/greennano
www.myspace.com/bluenano

Lau
Oct 17, 2006, 10:46 AM
I don't know if this got posted anywhere else, but you can now get Apple myspace layouts that are designed around the new nanos. I can't see them, 'cause I'm at work, but here they are for those who are curious:

www.myspace.com/pinknano
www.myspace.com/greennano
www.myspace.com/bluenano

WARNING! Those play very loud music automatically! If you're at work turn your speakers down. :p

tobefirst
Oct 17, 2006, 10:50 AM
WARNING! Those play very loud music automatically! If you're at work turn your speakers down. :p
Sorry, Lau...like I said, I'm at work and can't even access the pages. And even if I were at home, I've Adblocked the myspace music player thingy. Thanks for the heads up for everyone else!

Lau
Oct 17, 2006, 10:57 AM
Sorry, Lau...like I said, I'm at work and can't even access the pages. And even if I were at home, I've Adblocked the myspace music player thingy. Thanks for the heads up for everyone else!

No worries — I'm at home so it just rearranged my hair briefly, but could be a bit embarrassing in an office. :D

I think (although I didn't stay on them for long) that they're MySpace profiles for the nano as a promo thing (i.e. add the nano as your friend (:rolleyes: )) but I'm sure it's possible to do something similar as a layout for your own page. They look good though. :)

tobefirst
Oct 17, 2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah, they are promos, but I read on tuaw.com (http://www.tuaw.com/2006/10/17/ipod-nano-wants-to-be-your-friend/) that you could download the "profile skins" for use on your own site. Is that not correct?

Lau
Oct 17, 2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah, they are promos, but I read on tuaw.com (http://www.tuaw.com/2006/10/17/ipod-nano-wants-to-be-your-friend/) that you could download the "profile skins" for use on your own site. Is that not correct?

Ah yes, you're absolutely right. I didn't scroll down when I looked. :o :p

tobefirst
Oct 17, 2006, 11:04 AM
(i.e. add the nano as your friend (:rolleyes: ))
Who wouldn't want the green nano as their friend?!?!

Lau
Oct 17, 2006, 11:11 AM
Who wouldn't want the green nano as their friend?!?!

I'd like a real green nano as my friend. :p

Sdashiki
Oct 17, 2006, 12:12 PM
Honestly, every single person who has posted their "myspace" has said "yeah they all suck, but I like mine".

so to them, I have to say, I DONT LIKE YOUR PAGE!

Myspace lets you use creative HTML, it doesnt have to look like everyone elses.

And, NO, changing your color scheme or your background image DOES NOT make it "special", it makes it a different flavor.

Hot Dog Maze was just Pac Man with new colors.

Your myspace page(s) sux.

With that in mind, I created my myspace and have NEVER edited it again, because you see....

I AM THE GAWD OF POOP!

And so you wont have to trek all the way to my profile here is the only part that matters:

Gawd of Poo's Blurbs

About me:
I DO NOT WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND! I AM THE GOD OF POOP, KNEEL BEFORE ME! ANY SOLICITATIONS TO BE MY FRIEND WILL BE REJECTED! NO ONE CAN BE AS COOL AS ME SO GET THE OOOOOT OUT.

Who I'd like to meet:
All different types of Poop. Runny, stinky, soft, chewy, chunky, hard, spongy, squishy, icky, smooth, coarse, supple, or anything inbetween. Oh, and of course, I am your Gawd so you must like kneeling. I DONT WANT YOU AS A FRIEND! YOU ARE A LOSER!

http://www.myspace.com/godofpoo

mkrishnan
Oct 17, 2006, 12:22 PM
It seems as if the iPod Nano is no longer on MySpace. :eek: Must've pissed Tom off. :D