Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Hi people,

I know I'm asking a question about a card for PC, but if anybody could provide some advice on the card. I can get one for a decent price, and was just wondering what people think of it what sort of games you run on it plus quality.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Any piece of hardware for you computer will only work as well as the applications it is running. So the best bet is to google benchmarks on the X1800XT and see how well it does with the games you want to play compared to the GeForce 6800 Ultra or 7800 series. The X1800XT is a powerful card that should be able to handle any game you want to play, if your CPU is up to the task.

I'm an ATI fan, but the current all-out war between Nvidia and ATI means that the peformance difference between the two brands has shrunk.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
If price is a limiting factor, you might want to consider the X1900 GT which is a little less powerful than the X1800 XT. The X1800 XT is great if you can afford it though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.