Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
I have had a MAJOR problem after this update. I installed it and everything went smoothly. The iPod worked fine and was running the latest software. Problem is that now I can't launch iTunes at all. And it's not the usual "can't find the library" crash either. I've trashed all prefs for both the iPod and iTunes and still nothing. I fixed all errors and permissions on the HD, nothing. I even deleted iTunes and reinstalled it, nothing. This is deep. I'm worried I will have to wipe my HD and reinstall the OS so I used the Pod like a Firewire HD and just put as many of my mp3s on it as possible, as data not as playlists, so I can't even listen to them. So now I have a full iPod that I can't use and iTunes won't do a thing. I'm certain it's from this update because it's the ONLY thing I did yesterday and the Crash Log says something about an external device. Can anyone here read a Crash Log and get an idea of the problem? Thanks for any info.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Installing this update on my system didn't cause any problems. OS X version 10.2.4 and it was an update from iPod 1.2.1.

I just did a check permissions on my system, and nothing got changed from the iPod install.

I always wonder how people wind up with their permissions so messed up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.