Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocketbox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hi everyone!

I recently installed Boot Camp and WinXP on my Macbook and it is working great; however, I still can't access the internet.

When I boot in OS X, the Macbook recognizes the AirPort and connects instantly. However in Windows, it sees the AirPort network but refuses to connect.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to fix it, or is it something that may be corrected in future Boot Camp releases?

Any info would be awesome. Thanks for your help!

- Ashley

jfig24

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2006
no, rocketbox, I am having the same problem as you....can't connect to the internet via the wireless since the 1.1 update. It seems to be a problem for some people but not others so I am not sure what could be causing it. I did a clean install on Windows XP and then intalled 1.1 and the wire less does not work. It detects that there are networks available and it tries to connect to home network, but it stays stuck on "aquiring network address". I have tried everything I can think of to get it working, but i've had no luck. At least I know that it's no just me having this problem so hopefully it's something Apple will fix in their next boot camp release.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Nope – I have the same issue, whether with 1.0 or 1.1. I just use an Ethernet cable or surf the 'Net in OS X for now. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.