PDA

View Full Version : iPod Update Tuesday?

BillyShears
Mar 20, 2003, 02:14 PM
Taking from the wonderfully long topic that was locked from the News forum, I thought we should start up a new one.... just to watch the iPod, wildly speculate, etc.

- iPod software updated yesterday. Longer battery life.

- The "Special Deals" of apple.com/store (bottom left corner) no longer carries Refurbished 10 gig Mac or 20 gig Windows. It is still carrying 20 gig Mac and 10 gig Windows, though.

Anyone else notice anything unusual?

(C'mon, we all know it's THIS Tuesday)

mangoman
Mar 20, 2003, 03:21 PM
Sorry, Billy. We've beat this dead horse too much, buddy.

:(

swahilibill
Mar 20, 2003, 09:00 PM
dude, dont count on it. Steve is just waiting because he wants to **** the rumor sites until they just give up...which we pretty much have! I was waiting, but i just bought one of the refurbished 10Gb ones and it is so nice to have an iPod again. THey are the greatest little devices compared to that **** CD player i was using.

Kwyjibo
Mar 20, 2003, 09:04 PM
i hate to be the one to burst your bubble but we've probably seen a thread about how it must be this tuesday since before MWSF...like most ogical people i don't expect one until we see the rumored apple music service.

BillyShears
Mar 20, 2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
i hate to be the one to burst your bubble but we've probably seen a thread about how it must be this tuesday since before MWSF...like most ogical people i don't expect one until we see the rumored apple music service.

Yeah, I know. It was more of a joke...

vanillamike
Mar 21, 2003, 10:17 AM
Billy the joke wasn't wasted on me :D

When the other thread was closed I had tears in my eyes :p

So I am there with you this Tuesday must be when the iPods are getting updated ;)

Otherwise it will be early April when the music service gets dropped. Anyone heard any more information on the music service? I figured there would be a lot more information surfacing if it is really only 2-3 weeks off now.

I almost bought a 10GB iPod the other day just to shut my classmates up. They are really on my case these days about me not having it yet. Maybe I should stop checking the rumour boards in every class :p

Mike