Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notmenotyou

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2003
NYC
i'm using a TiBook 400(waiting for the Core2Duo macbook) with tiger and connecting to home network behind NetGear router along with one windoz machine, both use ethernet cable, but everytime my brother using his windoz watching online TV site, my internet connective is slow like hell, is it normal at all? is there anyway can limit windoz bandwidth? :confused:

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
notmenotyou said:
i'm using a TiBook 400(waiting for the Core2Duo macbook) with tiger and connecting to home network behind NetGear router along with one windoz machine, both use ethernet cable, but everytime my brother using his windoz watching online TV site, my internet connective is slow like hell, is it normal at all? is there anyway can limit windoz bandwidth? :confused:

The Windows machine is using a lot of bandwidth because it is watching a streaming video. So the Mac can not access the internet as fast since the Windows machine is "hogging" up a lot of the bandwidth. This is normal though, there may be ways on the Windows PC to limit the bandwidth but, I'm not exactly sure. Maybe just ask him to stop if you have to download a big file while he's watching a video. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.