PDA

View Full Version : THAT'S IT! 17" Powerbook FOR SALE!!!

macsurferx
Mar 20, 2003, 04:12 PM
THAT'S IT!!! I'm sick and tired of waiting for this laptop since January. I could have really used (and still need) a laptop to type lecture notes and I was a fool for waiting this long. My campus is running a great deal on the 15" Titanium books, and I cannot justify to myself paying almost a thousand dollars more just for a bigger screen (because the backlit keyboard, firewire 800, and Airport extreme aren't useful for my purposes). I'm buying a 15" right now and as soon as my 17" arrives, I'm going to leave it packaged and sell it.

I am a hardcore and loyal Apple fan and have been using them since my very first IIsi many years ago. I can't help but me saddened at what horrific business practices Apple has and how it treats its customers. Here's the list so far:

1) The "late February" comment was a lie
2) Customers were not informed throughout the whole wait
3) They're now shipping randomly and not sticking to the preorder list
4) People who have called Apple in the last WEEK have walked into retail stores and picking them up while I have patiently been waiting.

Apple has continued to piss me and everyone else off, despite their great software. For every great customer treatment, they also manage to piss off another one. I think if anyone ever re-made Simon and Garfunkel's "Mrs. Robinson," the lyrics should be changed to "Where have you gone, Apple Computer? A loyal fan base has been screwed by you..."

I will remain a mac user, but Apple has really dropped the ball on this one in several ways, and this has been the last straw for me. I've realized that the Al book is a gorgeous and phenomenal machine, but I just dont *need* the "top-of-the-line" as a student and that I simply cannot wait any longer. So this decision has also been a personal one as well, and not just because of Apple's pathetic service.

If you want to buy this off me, e-mail me at macsurferx@hotmail.com and I'll ship it out to you as soon as it arrives. At least you won't have to wait for months like I did. ~ sigh ~

Bear
Mar 20, 2003, 04:18 PM
You'd be better off canceling your order instead of trying to resell it.

macsurferx
Mar 20, 2003, 04:27 PM
I'm not cancelling it on principle. I shouldn't lose money because I bought it with a student discount. If I've waited this long for this powerbook, some loyal mac user should at least benefit for all the patience I've gone though.