Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Re: Re: 100 WU's!

Originally posted by MrMacman
I'm sorry but you really didn't need to post a new topic for that.

How about whever I submit a WU I post a new thread? Every 3 days! MY WU - 15!

No thanks... we are glad you are supporting the team that much, but you don't need to flaunt your success.

Well if I have offended you, then you, or someone who has the power, are more than welcome to delete this thread.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Its not a big deal - you probably had the fastest 100 WU for a new member anyway. You need to relax a little there, MrMacman.

D :D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by dukestreet
Its not a big deal - you probably had the fastest 100 WU for a new member anyway. You need to relax a little there, MrMacman.

D :D

Sue me. :YOU KNOW THE SONG:
I've been passed... alot. okay... I don't have mutiple computers like some people obviously do.
He might be the fastest and the next greatest thing since sliced bread, I don't know.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Congratulations!

I am about to break 1000 pts. I should have it before monday.

Look out Jethroted! MacFocus is about to break a rate of 100 pts a day. He is only 30 pts a day behind you! :)

To borrow the words of Jelloshotsrule this "posse of nerds" is fun competition. :D

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
I've been looking for an opportunity to gain access to the OS X labs at my school. Unfortunately, they have been in heavy use, lately. Maybe this weekend I can get in and install a folding script on each of the machines. And if I do, watch out, suckas!

Dan

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Originally posted by Stelliform
Congratulations!

I am about to break 1000 pts. I should have it before monday.

Look out Jethroted! MacFocus is about to break a rate of 100 pts a day. He is only 30 pts a day behind you! :)

To borrow the words of Jelloshotsrule this "posse of nerds" is fun competition. :D

I know! I have got to pick up the pace!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by alset
I've been looking for an opportunity to gain access to the OS X labs at my school. Unfortunately, they have been in heavy use, lately. Maybe this weekend I can get in and install a folding script on each of the machines. And if I do, watch out, suckas!

Dan

Well, if you have problems getting things going - just approach whoever is running the lab and propose they join team MacRumors. One way or the other everybody wins - and the whole concept should sell itself. Just direct them to the folding website....

Good luck!

D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by dukestreet
Well, if you have problems getting things going - just approach whoever is running the lab and propose they join team MacRumors. One way or the other everybody wins - and the whole concept should sell itself. Just direct them to the folding website....

Good luck!

D

some places don't want you using their computers, and why faint at hearing that their idle computer time would be used.
HOW DARE YOU SLOW MY COMPUTERS DOWN!
;) ;)
Anyway they scripts are easier to setup because the app can easily be shut down by some unsuspecting user.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Originally posted by MrMacman
some places don't want you using their computers, and why faint at hearing that their idle computer time would be used.
HOW DARE YOU SLOW MY COMPUTERS DOWN!
;) ;)
Anyway they scripts are easier to setup because the app can easily be shut down by some unsuspecting user.

I have assimilated around 16 machines (28 processors) this weekend. we'll see if everything works out smoothly. I was only able to set about half to run on startup, so I will have to manually start folding on some of them occasionally.

I mentioned this in another folding thread, but I'll say it again: Go to your local computer stores and take over as many machines as possible. If we had every CompUSA in America we'd own the folding ranks.

Dan

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002

I mentioned this in another folding thread, but I'll say it again: Go to your local computer stores and take over as many machines as possible. If we had every CompUSA in America we'd own the folding ranks.

Dan

This probably is not the best way to get WU done, I did this at one computer store, where I was given permission. But doing this on machines where you do not have permission is not a bright idea.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by timbloom
This probably is not the best way to get WU done, I did this at one computer store, where I was given permission. But doing this on machines where you do not have permission is not a bright idea.

Probably not but are they going to hunt you down, most of the people at CompUSA don't even walk people past the macs rather than even use them.

I would NOT install them on an Apple store no matter what. They are gonna find out and probably stop you from using an apple every again. Joking, just do whatever you want.
GoGoGo!

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
They probably will not hunt you down or anything, but if it is found out, it may result in restrictive access privledges at that lab in the future.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Originally posted by timbloom
They probably will not hunt you down or anything, but if it is found out, it may result in restrictive access privledges at that lab in the future.

Bah - you know how bad they are about watching their machines. Besides - consider this Comp doing me a favor for razzing my Macs when I worked there.

Now that you mention it, when I am in town for Spring Break I might get the boot PWs from Russ so I can run full force at my old store.

*** Don't steal my thunder, Tim. I'll come over there!***

:)

Dan

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I was only able to set about half to run on startup, so I will have to manually start folding on some of them occasionally.

Why only half? Is there something preventing you or did you just not have enough time to do it?

Great to get the machines, though, but how long do you think you'll be able to keep this up?

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.