PDA

View Full Version : Does your current school own any Macs?

Bobdude161
Aug 19, 2006, 12:42 PM
Elementry school: No

Middle School: No

High School: Yes. I knew the IT guy and he had 5 macs in his office and there was a computer lab filled with G3 iMacs, but when he quit, the school was planning to go back to the stone age with PCs.

College: NO!!! Not even one! Out of all the places that I would think would support macs, U. of Louisville is least mac freindly. Out of their small University software line (5 useless programs) only one is for Mac and it's only for software that let's you get on their wireless network!

Even when I was in the Computer Science course they did not even mention one word of Mac. They talked about Linux and Windows but no hint of another OS. They pretended like it never existed!!!

Ignorance is bliss? I think not!

katie ta achoo
Aug 19, 2006, 01:02 PM
The Honours college at Uni of Houston is 100% Mac.. the only Macs on campus, too.

twistedlegato
Aug 19, 2006, 01:03 PM
My school does not have macs, i think it sucks, and all of our IBM desktops crash sooo much...

s0x
Aug 19, 2006, 01:03 PM
No school I've been to here in the UK has got or hinted the smell of a mac. However I'm off to southampton university in a few weeks, and I noticed they had some imacs around.

iBookG4user
Aug 19, 2006, 01:08 PM
Unfortunetly the private school I go to for high school is cluttered with P3 pcs. They expect us to do heavy photoshop on them too. Even simple operations take FOREVER on them. But funny enough there are more students who bring macs to school than pcs to school. 3/4s macs and 1/4 pcs for the students :D.

homerjward
Aug 19, 2006, 01:09 PM
im in a design/tech program at my high school, and we have a lab full of macs for the video and advanced animation and publication graphics classes--all rev a. 2ghz power macs with 20" clear acd's, except for a couple mdd g4's, and a couple g5s with new 20" displays. XD
of course the rest of the program and the rest of the school is entirely pc only :rolleyes:

ham_man
Aug 19, 2006, 01:11 PM
Meh. I only need school computers for Solitaire.

imacintel
Aug 19, 2006, 01:24 PM
Yeah, my shool has g3 iMacs and eMac G4s and a couple of g4/g3 towers.

apfhex
Aug 19, 2006, 03:05 PM
Elementary school: mostly Macs. And a few old, old Apple II's and such. :D And a few PC's too, but they really didn't do anything of any use.

High school: They had a couple ****ty PC's. It was a small school.

University: half/half, but I've heard they had to severely cut back on computer stuff in recent years.

Junior College: Probably more Mac's than PC's, but inexplicably several labs full of Dells that are used for some graphic design classes. :confused: :confused: OTOH, some labs full of 1.8GHz PowerMac G5's with decent older model ACD's.

CoMpX
Aug 19, 2006, 03:10 PM
My high school has mostly crappy Dell PCs. However, there is a lab of about 20 PowerMac Dual G4 MDD machines. There are also about 5 early PM G5s in the digital design room. They really need to replace the G4s.

sb58
Aug 19, 2006, 03:13 PM
there are some in the school but i don't think the school owns them.

zap2
Aug 19, 2006, 03:20 PM
there are some in the school but i don't think the school owns them.

Ya they do.. at one time, we were all Macs but we switched over(before i got there) now we are left with 3 G4 PowerMacs(one is Dual 1,25Ghz, the 2 others are 450 or 500Ghz) and one G3 iMac(starwberry).. my spanish teacher has talked to on of the head computer people about starting a Mac lab, and she liked the idea(she comes from school who used Mac) also we had an "iPod in the class room" keynote like thing last year(because we are one of the few school who use iPods in forgien language, we have like 50 4G iPods), so it seems likely we could have one or Apple might help use out.

xPismo
Aug 19, 2006, 03:25 PM
Hundreds of G5 scattered on both campuses. :cool:

Hundreds of Wintel Boxes too, although I rarely use them. Mostly printing something n such.

I <3 my College.

KingYaba
Aug 19, 2006, 06:48 PM
I'm voting yes because my past highschool had an emac lab for the video students. Those people were lucky because I had to toil away on a dumb optiplex. However there were plus sides... like playing call of duty :cool:

mkrishnan
Aug 19, 2006, 06:53 PM
The University of Florida, where I am right now. Yes. Here and there. All the large campus computing centers have a minority of Macs in maybe a 75/25 or 80/20 ratio. There are test centers in the med school that use Macs for computer-based administration. Some University administrative sites also use iMacs (some of the registers and stuff).

Miguey
Aug 19, 2006, 06:59 PM
elementary school-Yes, we have iMac G3's...boy were they fast!

Middle School-My favourite, they had like 20 eMacs in 1 classroom, and used 800 MHZ iBooks...some Teachers had iMacs too.

High School-Yes, but i've only seen 1 teacher have an iMac G5

mikes63737
Aug 19, 2006, 07:55 PM
Did you search??? :rolleyes:

No, mine does not. Dells, Tangent, and custom-built computers. All running AMD Semprons, 700 MHZ, 128 MB RAM, except for the Dells - 2.8 GHz Pentium 4s. Oh yeah, and some 1.4 GHz Compaqs. Running either Windows 2000 or Windows XP. And, on the old computers (Semprons), we're expected to use Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro, and on the newer computers (Dells), we're expected to use Internet explorer and Office. Makes no sense. :mad:

count chocula
Aug 19, 2006, 08:21 PM
mine has a mix of computers running windows, linux, and os x.

OnceUGoMac
Aug 19, 2006, 08:33 PM
Elementary school: I vaguely remember a room of Apple IIs (1985-91).

Junior High: No computers at all (1991-1993).

High School: No computers at all (1993-1997).

College One: Several underpowered G3 PowerMacs/ Several PCs that had OS 7 on them due to the licensing scheme of the 90s (1999-2002).

College Two: It's a media arts school, so yes (2004-present).

zephead
Aug 19, 2006, 10:31 PM
Elementary school ('94-'00): Yes, labs full of them. It was probably OS 6 or 7 (don't really know) and I used to get excited to go play Kid Pix on them. :D

Middle ('00-'03): The original iMac G3's were pretty cool, but they started disappearing and PC's appearing in their place about halfway through middle school. :eek:

High ('03-now): Well... there's this one iMac G3 that sits behind the librarian's desk that is used as a home for post-its and the like... does that count? Otherwise we have generic PC's still running Windows 2000. There was this one class I had that had Dell Optiplex's in it and we used to laugh each other when we got blue-screened on a regular basis, haha.

SuperSnake2012
Aug 19, 2006, 10:45 PM
None at my school... all Dell :rolleyes: There is a private school in town though that is 100% Mac, but they have 30k/yr tuition :rolleyes: My old middle school had a bunch of G3 iMacs and the teachers had PowerMacs :) My elementary school had a bunch of the beige PowerMacs that ran OS 8... dunno if they were even G3s :p

lu0s3r322
Aug 19, 2006, 10:50 PM
not this again..

my high school has about 2000 Macs. we have powerbooks for each teacher. a lot of mobile labs with about 16 iBooks each, 5 computer labs with eMacs and Intel iMacs, 2 classrooms with powermacs and each classroom has a g3 iMac. we also have two resource centers with iMacs and rooms full of 17" studio displays.

timerollson
Aug 20, 2006, 01:02 AM
Yep. My university's computer lab is nearly half full with Macs. I believe they're iMac's and we have a couple of those fully loaded Mac towers for anyone who wants to use it.

The other side of the computer lab is filled with Dell desktops..

wmmk
Aug 20, 2006, 01:25 AM
yes, and so did my elementary school. at high school, each classroom has a PC, but most kids bring a laptop (about 3% which are macs:mad: )

fistful
Aug 20, 2006, 01:51 AM
My high school didn't have Macs until a week before I graduated. They had my senior wood shop class set up the media lad (PowerMac G4 Quicksilver's) for a class they were starting the following year. We had to set them up yet none of us would be there the following year. pricks! :mad:

Silentwave
Aug 20, 2006, 03:06 AM
Yep....they used to.

My elementary/middle school: yes- first the edu model of the Performa 5200 I think, or one of its descendants....then our teacher got a PM G3 (blue&white), then a PM G4 dual with studio displays, and then a PM G4 Cube.

During this time the whole computer lab went original bondi iMac. Boy was that neat. As time went on and a few needed replacing, we got some indigo blue imacs, and so on.

my later middle school was all winblows
as is my high school....but most of my photo buddies are using macs 100% of the time, and I've converted a few other people while I was at it.

As far as college goes, I'm seriously considering Dartmouth- almost every student I saw there this summer had a mac, and at least every other public computer was a mac in the library, in fact i'd say it was at least 60/40 and probably 75/25 elsewhere on campus. Lots of iMac G4s, eMacs and iMac g3s. PBs, MBs, iBooks, and MBPs all around with the students. it was beautiful.
Another serious contender is Harvard, and the two computers I saw (one public) in the admissions office were mac, and the admissions officer I was interviewed by had recently graduated and spent all 4 years with no problems on his PB.

tedrjr03
Aug 21, 2006, 03:05 AM
my school is wack, they only have dells and compaqs

kretzy
Aug 21, 2006, 03:15 AM
Yep, there are quite a few Macs at Melbourne Uni. I'm not sure exactly how many, but my guess would be in the vicinity of a 1000 around campus (mind you there are probably 2-3000+ PCs as well). There's everything from G3 iMacs to G5 Powermacs though I'd say the majority are G4 towers and G5 iMacs.

ZoomZoomZoom
Aug 21, 2006, 03:49 AM
My second elementary school had macs. My memory's fuzzy, but I remember there being a lot of them.

Junior high and high school had no macs.

College - Penn State - has a lot of macs. Not a majority, but pretty much every computer lab has a section devoted to about 10-20 macs. Tech support also deals with maccs.

letsgorangers
Aug 21, 2006, 10:17 AM
the stats lab at my university (the only lab i'm ever in) is all imacs. some of the professors have macs in their offices, some have dells. all other labs on campus are dells.

i hate to say it but the stats program (spss) runs slower on the macs than it does on the pcs. i'm sure it's a matter of the mac version of the program being a few upgrades behind the pc version, but oh well. i use both.

Clydefrog
Aug 21, 2006, 04:46 PM
my high school alone has about 60 G5 Powermacs 2.0 (last revi before Mac Pro)
20 Imac G5 Rev E
80 G3 Imacs
80 G4 Ibooks
Xserves and Xraids

Elem and middle school also have a boat load of macs

twoodcc
Aug 21, 2006, 06:31 PM
yes, Georgia State University has Macs in one of the computer labs for media stuff

Plymouthbreezer
Aug 22, 2006, 01:34 AM
My PowerBook is the only Apple computer in my school of 1400+ students. Sad.

~L~
Aug 22, 2006, 08:32 AM
never seen a mac in my primary or secondary school :mad:

hopefully there'll be some in uni eh? :)

Tanglewood
Aug 22, 2006, 11:10 AM
In my elementary school I can't recall if we had any apples or macs, if any it would have probably been an Apple IIg.

My middle school had an apple lab with a ton of Apple IIs for Oregon Trail and stuff. In the more upscale PC lab they had one brand new G3 PowerPC beige tower.

My high school just got a grant $5 million grant from Gateway right before I started in 1999 so the campus was almost exclusively PC. Some teachers used macs for their own computers in their classes, but the film class had only macs mostly teal G3 towers and a few G4 towers. Right before I graduated they got a new Quicksilver tower for the class.

My university has a mac lab in the library with mostly the G4 iMac. All the dorms use a G3 iMac as the computer for the front desk. At the end of last semester the Theatre/Film Department just got about thirty G5 towers. Other than that I don't know (Haven't been everywhere on my 30,000+ student campus).

Kernow
Aug 22, 2006, 11:19 AM
Yes - all the recording studios, multimedia labs and animation studios at our college have macs. I think there is only one PC in the entire college, which is used for running a Windows only mastering application.

sb58
Aug 22, 2006, 12:36 PM
[...]
with what we pay, Apple shouldn't need to help us out.

andrew050703
Aug 22, 2006, 04:09 PM
primary: the computers vitrually needed winding up to get them started

secondary: the IT teacher thought Acorns were the best computer (poor man :o), but they had one imac free from tesco coupons

college: only in the art dept.

university: only in the art/graphics dept. Manchester University has signed up to Dell desktops that are sloooowwwww.

I think the Mac is very much a professional's choice in the UK, education needs the cheapest stuff going

zap2
Aug 22, 2006, 04:14 PM
with what we pay, Apple shouldn't need to help us out.

its so true.. we should have some iMac or beastly Mac Pro.. but our Scholl doesn't seem to know when to buy things, as the bought iPods with-in days of the upgrade to color screens

Killyp
Aug 22, 2006, 04:16 PM
Our school HAD an eMac, in the art department, which they dropped. I was the only person of the 1000 people at my school who could get the data off it without opening it up (and risking the CRT imploding). FireWire Target Disk Mode can be a lifesaver at times...

Hummer
Aug 22, 2006, 04:52 PM
My old school had a Mac lab (Mac Color Classics Rofl) when I was in Grades K - 4. Then they "upgraded" to PCs with Windows ME on the. We were better off with the Color Classics

yg17
Aug 22, 2006, 04:59 PM
Elementary, middle, and high school were nothing but Macs. College, not so much. There are a few here and there, and the IT department will support Macs to an extent, but for the most part, it's all PCs, and crappy Dells at that.

mduser63
Aug 26, 2006, 12:36 AM
Yep, we've got a bunch of Mac-only labs, and the main general-use lab in the library is roughly half Macs, half PCs for around 400 machines total I think. The Macs in that lab are mostly dual 2.0 GHz Power Mac G5s (as of last semester), with a few iMacs. There are also some iMac G4s around. I know where at least one cube and one B&W G3 are as well.

Mav451
Aug 26, 2006, 12:43 AM
MS: Had about 20-30 Apple ][e's...lol for typing. That and maybe some Number Munchers or Oregon Trail.

HS: English writing "lab" had 20-25 of these dinosaurs, Macintosh LC 550. Notorious for the ability to crash in the middle of typing, or better yet saving.

University: 3-4 rows of 1st gen PMac 2.0G5's. Have a tendency toward corrupted plists & KPs. Hopefully (better be!) fixed by now.

Meecrob
Aug 26, 2006, 12:53 AM
My high school gives all students ibuok g4s. Also the labs have some powermacs for vid editing, etc. Totally apple campus. :cool:

it5five
Aug 26, 2006, 01:11 AM
There are some iMac G4's in the computer commons here at ASU. I think there are some more scattered around campus, but not many. A lot of the students have Apple Laptops though, which is awesome. My highschool had mac's, but only some of the teachers had them, and they were the older colored iMac's.

Spaceman Spiff
Aug 26, 2006, 01:14 AM
My high school I believe had a Mac lab for all design work.

So many mac-bashers on the annual team, it wasn't even funny. Apparently they hated the system.

Chundles
Aug 26, 2006, 01:38 AM
Primary School (K-6) - Can't remember, don't think so. Pretty sure there was only one computer there.

Middle School - we don't have middle school in Australia.

High School - (7-12) - Yes, Early PPC PowerMacs and a few 68k systems, they also had a bunch of Apple //e's in the retro lab.

University - Hell yeah, lots of eMac, lots of DPG5's and 20 Quad G5's, not to mention all the staff computers.

kerryliu
Aug 26, 2006, 03:20 AM
No, I think my ibook maybe the first mac in my college:D
Ibook is a good tool to attract girls, everytime when I use it in library or classes there are many girls looking at me! wow cool

gangst
Aug 26, 2006, 05:49 AM
I'm in secondary school, with 1200 pupils, and we have 1 Mac. To be honest it is a joke, because hardly anyone can use it.

Our school is always going on about equal chances ans stuff, how about having equal PC's and Macs!

diegozuniga
Sep 6, 2006, 05:46 PM
I go to Texas Tech University, and all of our Video Editing and Music Editing Computers are macs, from Imac G5 to Power Macs to a couple of brand new Mac Pros, then their all mac only labs, the Computer Science lab is all mac as well as a whole lab for the Education College. The more Macs for me, the better!!!!!

extraextra
Sep 6, 2006, 09:31 PM
I had Apple's in elementary school (.. it was a private school) with the fancy rainbow logo on them, the transclucent iBooks and iMacs in middle school, and then the transclucent iMac and Powermac (oh that thing was enormous along with the monitor) in high school (along with the ancient Gateways). Now in college we have mostly PC's, except for the art department which has new iMacs (well, the "lampshade" ones) and a few Powermacs.

Apple's were notorious when I was growing up as being horribily unreliable. They'd always freeze or crash up, "because it's Apple." Everyone hated them, hehe.

iRachel
Sep 6, 2006, 10:26 PM
every school I've ever attended has had macs! (though I don't think my elementary school does anymore)

Zwhaler
Sep 6, 2006, 11:48 PM
Elementry School: Yes, ran 7.2 :( OSX was just around the corner at that time.
Middle School, Yes. Also ran 7.2, and OSX 10.1 was out at the time.
High School, running XP Pro.

SBik2
Sep 6, 2006, 11:53 PM
elementary...........ya(old macs and about 75 iMac G3's, and a few iBook G3 clamshell and iBook G4) i dont go there anymore

Middle school(iMac g3(all colors), iMac G4, iMac G5,Macbooks,iBooks(for classrooms,(they let me bring my MacBook and use it instead:rolleyes: O and we ordered a couple of the Fully loaded Mac Pros and i get to use an PM G5 when i dont bring my MacBook for Video Production class

I heard our high schol has a mix of both dell and macs...

lu0s3r322
Sep 18, 2006, 04:28 PM
my high school has about 2000 Macs. we have powerbooks for each teacher. a lot of mobile labs with about 16 iBooks each, 5 computer labs with eMacs and Intel iMacs, 2 classrooms with powermacs and each classroom has a g3 iMac. we also have two resource centers with iMacs and rooms full of 17" studio displays.

just had to post an update. my school is one of apple's biggest customers, but we lease all of our computers. we even have a plaque from apple, i havent seen it though. so today in health i was using one of our 20 mobile labs and the lab happened to be lab #1 which was stocked with brand new 2.0 Macbooks. i think a lot of teachers are getting them too. everyone was playing with photo booth :rolleyes: so i think we're replacing most of our 900 laptops with new macbooks!

"he Technology Labs have continue to change and update. It now includes a separate classroom for presentations and written work; the two labs that each provide twenty-eight CAD workstations plus a special projects/storage room. During 2003-04 students will have the privilege of working on Macintosh G5s with Apple 17" flat monitors."

http://www.district125.k12.il.us/www4/faculty/djohanns/PageMill_Images/labphotos/1302-1.jpg

gadgetgirl85
Sep 18, 2006, 04:33 PM
In 1991 when I started school we had those Apple computers with big floppy drives. Then graduated to IBMs then no macs throughout the rest of primary or secondary school and we have Dells at uni :mad:

Dagless
Sep 18, 2006, 04:53 PM
Saddleworth School (at least when I attended), every computer was a Mac. Suites full. everywhere. hundreds. everyone an iMac, even iBooks! aw... and it's a little sad. but tucked away in the textiles building... (this is bringing a tear to my eye now). on the top story, in the futhest corner away from anything there is a room full of fabrics. no windows, just a door. low ceiling. sunlight rarely hits the room. hidden away under a mile of cheap fabrics lies a little old Mac. The school probably don't even know it's there. god knows the model and this was even when I didn't care for Macs, but it's so sad that it's there. dying. it may even be dead now. :(

All the colleges and universities I've been too have Macs. Barring Huddersfield. scum.

Manchester Mets is full of the machines! At least the rooms I used.

technicolor
Sep 18, 2006, 04:59 PM
Entire uni is Mac.
We even have a mac mini lab...its sooo kayooot(cute)!:D

Also Apple laptop required for purchase for all entering students. This is mac heaven. I see cars all over the campus with Apple stickers.

gadgetgirl85
Sep 18, 2006, 05:41 PM
Entire uni is Mac.

Also Apple laptop required for purchase for all entering students. This is mac heaven. I see cars all over the campus with Apple stickers.

Can I please go to your uni?

iBookG4user
Sep 18, 2006, 05:41 PM
There has been a change for once in a long time. I work in a rather high position for one of my classes (Aide for one of the people in charge of an entire devision at the church). I went into a production room and low and behold there were 2 macs :eek: :eek:. One was an isight iMac (probably the G5 iMac knowing the school/Church >_>) the second was a PowerMac G5 with dual monitors, don't know the specs though. Although none of the normal students in the school have access to them.

kygeographer
Sep 19, 2006, 12:41 PM
Eastern Kentucky University has a few.. I think around 30 in the university run labs, and another 60-70 in the departmental labs around on campus. I worked as a system administrator in the Graphic Communication lab for a year.. I loved that job! It's what convinced me to buy a Mac to use at home.

leftfoot
Sep 19, 2006, 04:20 PM
Elementary - We had a bunch of these http://www.electronic-school.com/oldads/ad069601.gif

Middle School - We had like 4 carts of these http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdImg/images/pr/177X150/00/01/7c/ba/46/24951366.JPG

High School - A whole bunch of these http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/PowerMac_G4_MDD.jpg/150px-PowerMac_G4_MDD.jpg
http://www.sonnettech.com/imgs/imgs_news/g5.jpg

Merc248
Sep 19, 2006, 04:34 PM
I only saw Apple IIc's and really really old Macintosh's (classics?) in my elementary school.

There were no Macs in my middle school.

In high school, I saw ONE Mac, and that was a G4 or G5 PowerMac that was running Windows 2000 in VPC. :p

In my current college, there's like maybe five to ten Macs per public computer lab as well as a whole room with like fifteen Macs. However, all of these are G3 towers running 10.2. WTF?

Seriously, the damn things would freeze up all the time and would sometimes crash out of whatever program I was using as well. I never wanted a Mac after that experience, at least until I got my hands on a Macbook. :p

imacintel
Sep 19, 2006, 04:51 PM
Bunch of IBM/HPs arrived at my schoold today.:(

timswim78
Sep 19, 2006, 05:40 PM
I don't go to school. I have a job and earn money. :p

nicque
Sep 23, 2006, 02:29 PM
elementary - we might have i can't remember.

middle school - none.

high school - in our graphics class we have about 20 imac g3, 5-10 eMacs, and 4 imac g4.

And in about 2 weeks we should have new imac g5 instead of the g3's.

DJMastaWes
Sep 23, 2006, 03:25 PM
Our school has 1 Powermac G5 that the kids don't use. the rest are all old dell/toshiba computers.

Aperture
Sep 23, 2006, 03:41 PM
I was asked to help carry some boxes around, and glanced in one of the computer rooms and saw about 50 HP Boxes. My school uses HP exclusively, no macs.:(

eyemacg5
Sep 23, 2006, 04:34 PM
uhh..... no

We have about 300 old machines, no brand, there 700mhz amd's w/ 192mb ram
and about 80 siemens,i think, pc;s which are okaaaaaaay for a school is suppose they have 17" flat screens but 4 got smashed by studnets, we had 2 of the moniters stolen through a smashed window, not know the specs.

And I know 3 people with macs, my ICT Teacher hes got a imac g5 1.8 my old ART teacher he has a PM G5 2.3dual w/ a 20" CRT i think and 8gb of ram, and some other kid has a ibook g3 clamshell.

-jake

p0intblank
Sep 24, 2006, 11:13 PM
Yes, from what I've seen:

Two Mac labs with Power Mac G4s (Quicksilver and Mirror Drive Door models) and two iMac G4s in the library. We also have a good amount of 15" and 17" Apple Cinema Displays (plastic clad models).

When they get rid of those Macs eventually, I'll be asking my professor if I can buy one or two of them for cheap. :)

elisha cuthbert
Sep 24, 2006, 11:14 PM
yes 18 iMacs G5, 2 Powerbooks G4, 2 Macbook Pros, 1 Macbook
and 3 iBooks G4

p0intblank
Sep 24, 2006, 11:16 PM
Entire uni is Mac.

Where do you go??? :eek: I'm insanely jealous of you right now!

Fiveos22
Sep 24, 2006, 11:19 PM
Loyola University Health System has both hands tied behind their back because they use EPIC (http://www.epicsystems.com/index.php) for keeping track of records. Thus no Macs.

I can't fault them too much, Epic is probably the best software out there for hospital record keeping (and they employ a number of my friends). However, it would be nice if they made the network a touch more Mac friendly (i.e. not IE based, get rid of the Windows 2000 OS).

puckhead193
Sep 24, 2006, 11:22 PM
my elementary through highschool has macs
and my college sadly owns about 20ish G5s (that are new for this year ) :rolleyes:

Bobdude161
Sep 25, 2006, 10:28 AM
Hey I lied. My college does have about 20 G5s (told to me by a graphics student), but they are all locked away in one of the Arts buildings. But still, for regular use, there are no Macs. I'm tempted to just walk over to the Mac-lab and peep through the hole in the door and make double sure it does it exist. UofL, you suck when it comes to computer choice (not with football tho)! Bring some out for us regulars!