PDA

View Full Version : "The Techie" Sims Skins (created by me!)

LimeiBook86
Mar 23, 2003, 01:38 AM
While I was playing the Sims I decided I wanted to make more skins for it. Having already made skins I started to think of what they should be about. Then it hit my...icons...technology icons, such as USB, FireWire, Speaker, and Printer. The icons I used are from Apple Computer products. You will see most of these icons on older macs. I find that they look pretty sweet when applied to the Sim people. If you guys are a little confused here is a screen shot. http://homepage.mac.com/ibook238/.Pictures/fwandusb.jpg The logos I used are: ADB, Ethernet, Microphone, Modem, Printer, SCSI, Security, Speaker and Monitor. The FireWire and USB People are not yet uploaded but they will be soon. I haven't tested any of the uplaoded skins yet but I will soon. I wish they had a verison of SimShow for OS X, oh well. I hope you guys like it! Enjoy! Here is the webpage where you can learn more about the skins and download them for Mac or PC:http://homepage.mac.com/ibook238/techies.html :D

LimeiBook86
Mar 23, 2003, 05:57 PM
I saved some of teh skins with the logo reversedby mistake, the links are fixed now and will lead you to the skins that show the logo as it shoudl be. Sorry for the mix-up.

:D

conceptdev
Mar 23, 2003, 06:19 PM
How do you make Sims stuff on the mac?

Nice job BTW.

LimeiBook86
Mar 23, 2003, 07:15 PM
Well I opened the .BMP Skin files in Photoshop 7, I changed the image mode to from Index to RGB. Then I added a layer with the logo, resized it and placed it over the person's shirt. You now must reverse the logo horozontaly otherwise it will appear reverse in the game. When you are done switch the image mode back to Index and save it as a BMP file but make sure it still has roughly the same file name. For example ifou edited the character skin "c003malgt_Hipster.bmp" you would save it as "c003malgt_custom01.bmp" That way the game still reads the file well. You probably can do this in graphic converter but I think Photoshop is the easiest. I just wished that they made SimShow for OS X. That would help me test the skins a lot more. Well if you guys have any skins ideas I am at your service... :)