Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Mister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Hi, I bought a Mac Pro and an iPod on the same order and am intending to get the $180 rebate on the iPod once the Mac Pro ships. Apple says that it's fine if they ship separately as long as both of the receipts have the same order number on them.

What does Apple consider to be "the receipt"? Is this the packing slip (which I can't find any evidence of a web order number on), or is it something I've already thrown out in my carelessness? :(

Please help!

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
You need the UPC code from your computer's box and your iPod's box. Those are your two receipts. You also need your sales receipt (I would just include the packing slip or whatever other papers came with your order. Also, make sure to fill out the form online at http://www.apple.com/promo.

If you're still not clear, contact Apple. Enjoy.

Daniel.

Mr. Mister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Alright, I knew about the UPC's, but my main concern was that my packing slip didn't have a web order number of any kind on it which I think is what they use to confirm that the Mac and the iPod were on the same order, so I was wondering whether anybody remembered any other receipts/slips that came with their iPod?

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Mr. Mister said:
Hi, I bought a Mac Pro and an iPod on the same order and am intending to get the $180 rebate on the iPod once the Mac Pro ships. Apple says that it's fine if they ship separately as long as both of the receipts have the same order number on them.

What does Apple consider to be "the receipt"? Is this the packing slip (which I can't find any evidence of a web order number on), or is it something I've already thrown out in my carelessness? :(

Please help!

If Apple didn't snail mail you a physical receipt, you can use your order acknowledgement email from the Apple Store as a receipt. Just the UPC codes won't do.

Mr. Mister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Alright, sounds cool but I was doubting that because emails could be so easily forged.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
I participated in this promo.

I think the reciept you are talking about is one of the emails apple sent you. Given the fact that you ordered online. Maybe it is titled invoice or something...it's been a couple months and my memory is fading a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.