Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

:DRS:Church

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
hey all! I have been thinking about jummping ship from nikon to canon, but have some questions about canon flashes. I use a d70 with a sb600 and really like the wireless flash ability this combo offers. Does canon have anything like this?

Bocheememon

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2006
Fertile, MN
:DRS:Church said:
hey all! I have been thinking about jummping ship from nikon to canon, but have some questions about canon flashes. I use a d70 with a sb600 and really like the wireless flash ability this combo offers. Does canon have anything like this?

To my knowledge, the Rebel XT and 30D do not have built-in wireless flash like the Nikon D70. You will need two speedlights to use wireless on the consumer Canon models.

sjl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
:DRS:Church said:
wow, thats purtty lame:(
Yeah. You can also get a cable to attach the Speedlites to the camera, while still having them off the camera to a certain extent (the off-camera shoe cord, which Amazon is selling for around $US50 - it gives you about 60 cm of movement away from the camera.) Also a bit steep in my opinion. I'm not clear on how well it works with putting the flash on a stand, though; I don't have one myself (can't afford more camera toys for a while.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.