PDA

View Full Version : Logo Please Critique - Capin Crouse

macgfxdesigner
Aug 30, 2006, 08:14 AM
http://static.flickr.com/91/229128108_e3a954deee.jpg

Logo roughs, Font: Custom

The client wanted a worldly theme, they are a financial company for churches, missions, organizations around the world.

Comments welcomed, Thank you

Blue Velvet
Aug 30, 2006, 08:20 AM
Nice work and nice type. Maybe the PIN in Capin is a little tightly kerned...

Prefer 2nd one down, right hand column.

billy_d_goat
Aug 30, 2006, 08:26 AM
I agree with Blue Velvet. The space in PIN is a bit too tight. I realize it is sprobably the same as PAN, but the area around the top of the A throws it off. Overall, though, it looks really good. The color choice is good as well. It stands out, but it doesn't punch you in the face. :D

neut
Aug 30, 2006, 12:56 PM
Comments welcomed, Thank you

I like this variation myself ... looks 'churchy'. The Kerning in OUSE may be a bit much; this may actually make PINs tight kern look normal? Maybe BV's comment is a better option.

Nice font. :)

peace | neut

macgfxdesigner
Aug 30, 2006, 01:12 PM
I am working on the kerning of PIN later today, will have a new variation up later, Thank you for all your comments and critiques, highly appreciated :)

iGary
Aug 30, 2006, 01:26 PM
I like top right.

iminimac
Aug 30, 2006, 03:12 PM
i prefer 2nd row down on the right
the circle resembles a globe and that ties in with their company type
the blue also represents the sea and ties in with the world some more

macgfxdesigner
Aug 30, 2006, 05:08 PM
the kerning has been fixed on the PIN, looks much better thank you all

AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 30, 2006, 05:11 PM
Can you make the bottom right one in blue? I like the positioning of the Cs a bit more in that one than in the one above...

Mitthrawnuruodo
Aug 30, 2006, 05:15 PM
I actually liked the second one in the left column best.

There's something about the simplicity of that one that really hits a spot with me... and then I'm a sucker for anything grey... ;)

Can you upload them again with the new kerning, please? It would be nice to see them the way they look now... :)

macgfxdesigner
Aug 30, 2006, 05:19 PM
Can you upload them again with the new kerning, please? It would be nice to see them the way they look now... :)

The new ones are up :)

Mitthrawnuruodo
Aug 30, 2006, 05:29 PM
Ok, still think the P and the I is a bit close, but - on the other hand - that might be what works best...

Still like the simple, square grey one... :)

redbandit
Aug 31, 2006, 12:05 AM
2nd down, right of those but i like the c's of the 1st on the right.

an unfortunate name which i read as

Crappin' House.

honestly, but that's just me.

fowler.
Aug 31, 2006, 04:49 PM
I'm not a fan of the typeface and the colors along with the name make me think it's a logo for a cruise ship line.