PDA

View Full Version : mouse and keyboard for PowerMac 7200/90

shakushinnen
Aug 31, 2006, 03:50 PM
Hi,
I was given this computer for nil. I would like to get it running, just for fun, but I know nothing about Macs. I bought an adapter so that I could hook up a pc monitor, so it boots up, but without a mouse and keyboard I can't really do anything. Does anyone know where I can get a mouse and keyboard in the Toronto(NE) area?
Thanks,
John

kered22
Aug 31, 2006, 04:33 PM
Well not sure about the Toronto area specifically, but you can get the keyboard you need from places like megamacs.com or maybe eBay. What you're looking for is called an ADB (Apple Desktop Bus) keyboard and mouse, it was the interface Apple used for a long time (it's just an S-video connector). Most of them are pretty cheap now, but can be a bit hard to hunt down.

Fedge
Aug 31, 2006, 06:21 PM
I know this probably won't help, but the information may be useful. Griffin makes an ADB to USB adapter. Unfortunately, this device allows you to use ADB keyboards through the USB port. Your situation requires an adapter that works in the opposite manner. There may be a way to canabalize this adapter to suit your needs. Otherwise, search for a USB to ADB adapter.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imate/

Fedge
Aug 31, 2006, 06:28 PM
There are still ADB keyboards out there. MacMall has one:
MK-105S 105 key ADB keyboard (http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail~dpno~69554~name~MK-105S+105+key+ADB+keyboard~mfg~MK-105S.asp)

A google search for "adb keyboard" turns up quite a lot.

macenforcer
Aug 31, 2006, 08:03 PM
Shoot I have tons of ADB mouses, trackballs and keyboards. PM me if you want to buy one.

shakushinnen
Sep 1, 2006, 07:21 PM
Thanks you all. You've been very helpful. At least I know what to look for now, and what to call it.
One other question - Can I get by with just the mouse OR keyboard, or do I need both to run this thing?
John

shakushinnen
Sep 19, 2006, 09:31 AM
Thank you all who replied to my queery. I now have a mouse and keyboard for my Mac.
John