Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alset

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
I am having a problem with my USB connection to my mouse and keyboard. My mouse freezes all the time and releases the button while I am dragging items. I also have a USB key for Logic plugged into my keyboard. Logic loses communication with the key constantly, causing the app to shut down. The problem does not seem to affect my keyboard when I am typing, only the peripherals that are plugged into it. It has terminated the connection with the keyboard on a few occassions, however. Unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in has worked, so far.

I've been thinking about downgrading to 10.23 as a result of problems with 10.24 anyway, but before I go to the trouble, does anyone know of other solutions? I have tried everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance!
Dan

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
This may actually be a problem with your keyboard, it has a little hub built in that might be failing.

Is anybody else having this problem?

It is also a possability that your USB dongle is causing this too.

alset

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Originally posted by timbloom
This may actually be a problem with your keyboard, it has a little hub built in that might be failing.

Is anybody else having this problem?

It is also a possability that your USB dongle is causing this too.

I moved the dongle to my hub and everything with Logic smoothed out. I may switch my keyboard with the one on my old Graphite. Somehow, I am less than hoepful.

Argh! 10.24, you've done it again!

Dan

alset

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
I bought a new USB hub and a floppy drive (long story - don't ask) and the drive lost connection from the display. Maybe it's my hub in the display or my USB altogether. Are there any utilities to test ports?

Dan

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Techtool used to come with a dongle to test ports, but with USB I don't know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.