PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook G4

KilGil27
Aug 31, 2006, 10:00 PM
I am starting college next week, and I plan on getting a 12" G4 Powerbook for simple note taking and internet surfing. I just had a couple of questions- 1- where is the best place to get it? (anyone here selling one?) 2- How easy is it to upgrade the harddrive, as that would be something I think is needed (any guides?) 3- Any chance it would be able to run Leopard when it came out?

thanks in advance

gadgetgirl85
Aug 31, 2006, 10:21 PM
I can answer your 3rd question - It can run Leopard :)

Xeem
Aug 31, 2006, 10:41 PM
Just out of curiosity- why the 12" Powerbook rather than a cheaper 12" iBook?
If you just want to do internet and note taking, the iBooks are just as good (generally longer battery life and better wi-fi reception (due to plastic case) than Powerbooks, but I do prefer PB keyboards) and pretty widely available.

KilGil27
Aug 31, 2006, 10:50 PM
I like the way it looks, a little more powerful, and like you said, the keyboard

ricgnzlzcr
Aug 31, 2006, 11:05 PM
1-Best place to get one is in the marketplace of these forums, craigslist, or ebay. I recommend craigslist because you get to see it before you buy. You just have to be patient.

2-It is very hard to upgrade the hard drive. I almost tried before I sold my 12 incher. You can check out a guide at www.ifixit.com

3-Leopard will run on this powerbook

freakonguitar
Aug 31, 2006, 11:09 PM
just take a look at somewhere like ebay.com or amazon.com, although ebay would probably be cheaper cause its usually used products.