Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Hi,

I've asked to do some simple sound editing for work. Just getting different sound files of peoples voices and a editing together. So I'm looking for a free app to do it in, any recommendations?

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Thanks iMeowbot. Haven't had time to play with this, but it looks very comprehensive (like all the formats it supports).

mashny

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
For two-track (left and right channel) editing, I've been using Sndsampler (http://www.sndsampler.com) for years and love it. It has a very simple interface, is easy to use and has features that other programs charge hundreds of dollars for. The cost is $45 and very much worth it. I know you're looking for a free app, but if you're willing to spend a little bit, you'll get a lot in this program.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Well, I have a few you might want to look at, just do the trail version if you want someting powerful to play with. One is the box set I got a year ago and that is Magix Music Maker 10 Deluxe Pro, they have just released the 11 but it's not in Pro yet, and it's Windows Only as far as I know (Crossover has just been released, and it may work on that) It's a lot like GarageBand where you can build songs from loops, but it has more editing features to get you going.

A great app to use is Adobe's own Audtion, this program is absolutely awesome, and comes with a good trail, but don't think it will work well on Intel,

jus my twocents.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Can anybody recommend a universal wave editor? Audacity isn't a UB yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.