Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Hm, it says the Mac version isn't available yet.

Is this thing adware? What is the catch? It's a business, how are they supposed to make money off this?

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
iMeowbot said:
Hm, it says the Mac version isn't available yet.

Is this thing adware? What is the catch? It's a business, how are they supposed to make money off this?
oops me bad did not look too close at the Mac version just downloaded the win version as i'm at work - works very well fast, program it's self is under 300K

Attachments

• pic1.gif
    pic1.gif
    155.7 KB · Views: 91

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Okay, found the answer. While it doesn't leave local tracks behind, it's spyware on the network side.

Browzar includes a search engine, and the startup will generate money through revenue-sharing deals with search engine providers. Initially, the relationship is with Yahoo’s Overture advertising sales subsidiary, but Ahmed plans to set up additional partnerships with other search companies over time to give users a choice of search engines.
CIO mag

Grrr.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
iMeowbot said:
Okay, found the answer. While it doesn't leave local tracks behind, it's spyware on the network side.

CIO mag

Grrr.
yep looking at the search bit now , looks a bit rubbish realy but i will still just use google

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.