Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Considering they benchmark the same in all departments accept for the graphics department, does anyone else think MacBook Pros are overpriced? Ok so you get the bigger screen and the backlit keyboard, but the price difference seems a lot for having a ATI graphics card.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
XP Defector said:
Considering they benchmark the same in all departments accept for the graphics department, does anyone else think MacBook Pros are overpriced? Ok so you get the bigger screen and the backlit keyboard, but the price difference seems a lot for having a ATI graphics card.
of course not, this makes rich people happy :D

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
XP Defector said:

No. If I bump up the HD + RAM on the middle Macbook (2.0Ghz) to the middle MBP (100GB HD/1GB RAM), I get close to $1600. For $900 more I get a 256MB dedicated video card (Amazon sells this card for close to $400. Yeah I know Apple doesn't pay $400 for the chip), a larger screen, a faster processor, a backlit keyboard, and an expresscard slot.

It depends on what you need, what you see as worth more money. There are many people who don't mind paying the higher price of the MBP. And, it is a "pro" machine. :p

(Plus it's Aluminum. :D)

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
wow this is old, would like to hear a debate about the new machines. The current macbook is better than that MBP! plus it is unibody!

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
At first I didn't realize this was an old thread when it popped up today. I saw the OP's statement below and was like :eek: What are you smoking!

Considering they benchmark the same in all departments accept for the graphics department...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.