Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewie109

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
Iowa
Hi Everyone,
As you all know I have a iBook g3 800mhz 384 RAM. Mac OS X 10.3.9. 30GB HD. I had to erase my harddrive and reinstall everything. My Trackpad will not work at ALL!! I have to use a USB Ext. Mouse to do anything. Why is this? It is kind of hard to get use to I start using the trackpad and nothing happens then I go and swich over to the Mouse.
Also when I get it fixed how much is this worth. I'm thinkin about getting a new MacBook. My iBook is in good condition after the trackpad is fixed...lol!

Thanks,
Lewie

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
lewie109 said:
Hi Everyone,
As you all know I have a iBook g3 800mhz 384 RAM. Mac OS X 10.3.9. 30GB HD. I had to erase my harddrive and reinstall everything. My Trackpad will not work at ALL!! I have to use a USB Ext. Mouse to do anything. Why is this? It is kind of hard to get use to I start using the trackpad and nothing happens then I go and swich over to the Mouse.
Also when I get it fixed how much is this worth. I'm thinkin about getting a new MacBook. My iBook is in good condition after the trackpad is fixed...lol!

Thanks,
Lewie
The trackpad ribbon may have pulled out of the trackpad connector. Go to ifixit.com and check your connections.

lewie109

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
Iowa
California said:
The trackpad ribbon may have pulled out of the trackpad connector. Go to ifixit.com and check your connections.

Where do I go to on the ifixit site?

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
lewie109 said:
Where do I go to on the ifixit site?

Go to the place where it has diagrams of your 800mhz ibook -- take apart guides... something like that. Pretty self explanatory. The trackpad thing is tricky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.